Controller power

minkhill

What does everyone do about the power going to the controller during the down time? Last year I ran the power from a existing outlet and I didnt have to go outside to unplug but this year I will have to go out on the porch to unplug them. Does anybody leave the power connected. I'm not lazy but it's cold outside at 10pm on the other side I dont want to damage the controller.

Only unplugged when I have to move from one location to another (not at the same home in my sense, but sometimes could be), other than those times, they are plugged in 24/7.

Frybread wrote:

OK, So I have a question. I use the mini-MP3 directory to run my show. When the show is done for the night I unplug everything.
So, how do I end the show if I do not unplug.. Will the show stop if I just take out the Memory card?

thanks.

The past 4 year using a mini director with a digital timer to start and stop my show. It has the ability to program different times for 7 days and if you have a power failure it remembers the time.

Another item that is also on the timer is the transmitter. This works well as the mini director has a long delay before starting the first sequence and that is enough time for the to start and lock onto the frequency. I use an EDM.

The lights for the tune to sign are also on the timer.

Everything else is on 24/7.

I have most of mine plugged in 24/7. The only one I have on a timer is my Servodog controller. If I leave it plugged in, there servos hold their zero position all day. That causes undue stress on the servos. SO by putting that controller on a timer, it lets the servos go free when the show is off.

That timer also controls my radio sign and blowup Snowman.

Frybread wrote:

Dennis,
The mDM-MP3 is powered by the first (in my case only) controller. So do you plug the controller into the timer?
Both plugs?
Otherwise I am not sure how this works.

Thank You,

There is a jumper inside the mini director that separates it from LOR network power then you use a wall wart on a timer to power the mini director.