Light-O-Rama Forums

Success!!!!

Aaron Maue

Tonight was opening night for us and things went off without a hitch. ...knocks on wood...

We had a lighting ceremony with the neighbors. The wife and I dressed like Santa and the Mrs. and handed out candy canes and served up some hot chocolate.

Planning to take some videos & photos tomorrow night.

What a great feeling.

If you're interested, "like" us on Facebook. Here's the address...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-Creek-Christmas/135354703197104?ref=ts

Aaron Maue wrote:

Tonight was opening night for us and things went off without a hitch. ...
What a great feeling.

There's nothing quite like it. And you'll be pleased to know that next year you'll feel the exact same thing. Makes all the work worth it, doesn't it?

George Simmons wrote:

Aaron Maue wrote:
Tonight was opening night for us and things went off without a hitch. ...  
What a great feeling. 

There's nothing quite like it.  And you'll be pleased to know that next year you'll feel the exact same thing.  Makes all the work worth it, doesn't it?

Definitely. My cheeks hurt from smiling at everyone's reaction. Late nights sequencing and stress over all the details have been forgotten.

Thanks to all who have been so helpful getting the show off the ground this year. Couldn't have done it without you.

Here's a post to YouTube. The video quality ain't the greatest, but it should give you a good idea. Also, it only shows a portion of my display. Some is in the backnyard and I couldn't get the whole front yard in the shot. Lemme know what you think. I've got thick skin, so please tell me where I can improve.

Edit: Duh. Guess I should include the link.

Http://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=r5gK8HxlVgE

My first year too, started an hour later than I wanted. I can say I have been outside for a solid 5 hours watching what Ive done! Great work and I have the bug.

As for thick skin I have had at least 5 people out of the 100 or so Ive seen stop asking why I didnt do as good as some of the ones on youtube. . . . simple fire back, why havent you?

I like it. We're out in the country, so I can't say that I've had 100 people stop by, although traffic seems to be picking up as the word gets out. So far, only positive comments and lots of smiles. Makes it all worthwhile and helps me ignore the grouches, should they show up. :P