Light-O-Rama Forums

Which RJ45 Connector do I use?

Guest guest

I am using one DC-MP3 & one LOR1602W. There are four jacks in the DC-MP3 box: Two on the MP3 card and two more on the controller card. Which of these four jacks should I use to connect to the LOR1602W?

Also a basic question: The DC-MP3 has a big black power switch inside. One side says "o" the other says "-" I'm assuming that the "o" side means power on, however the status LEDs chase each other with either side depressed and the big red LED on the controller lights when the "-" side is depressed. Which side is Power On?

Thanks!

-Greg

comicemp wrote:

I am using one DC-MP3 & one LOR1602W. There are four jacks in the DC-MP3 box: Two on the MP3 card and two more on the controller card. Which of these four jacks should I use to connect to the LOR1602W?

Also a basic question: The DC-MP3 has a big black power switch inside. One side says "o" the other says "-" I'm assuming that the "o" side means power on, however the status LEDs chase each other with either side depressed and the big red LED on the controller lights when the "-" side is depressed. Which side is Power On?

From your order, it looks like you have one LOR1602MP3 and one LOR1602W. The LOR1602MP3 has a big black switch marked "0" and "1," 0 = off, 1 = on. The Small DC-MP3 card on top in this box should already have a short cable from it to the left-most jack on the larger board beneath the metal plate. You can use any of the three remaining large RJ45 jacks (one on the small board, two on the large board) to run a cable to your LOR1602W. Let me know if this is not how it is.