Light-O-Rama Forums

FM Transmitter from LOR

Bobbyp47

You'll see lukewarm reviews of it if you search the forum...one post referred to it as the "whole garage transmitter".

Do some reading and form your own opinion...mine is, there are better choices out there, but, you may be time-limited right now, and don't have as many options as you would if you had started looking a few months ago.

I bought one and wasn't happy with the range. Read a post elsewhere that said to pop open the case and flip the switch inside (on the left just above the top battery)to increase the range. Works! Went from 20' range to 300'+ range.

Mark Porter wrote:

I bought one and wasn't happy with the range. Read a post elsewhere that said to pop open the case and flip the switch inside (on the left just above the top battery)to increase the range. Works! Went from 20' range to 300'+ range.

I'm still looking for that damn switch! I have the WH2 Transmitter, It actually broadcasts pretty darn well, but If I could boost it, i would...

thevikester wrote:

Mark Porter wrote:

I'm still looking for that damn switch! I have the WH2 Transmitter, It actually broadcasts pretty darn well, but If I could boost it, i would...

Took me a while to find it as well.

Take the battery cover off and look for a little round white sticker. Pull the sticker off and flip the switch. Makes a big difference, but I still had to locate it out in the yard.

Ya I just went ahead and bought a EDM Transmitter. For $100 more I thought I would get the range I want instead of spending $125 on something that didnt work like I wanted. The only problem is dont know much about them

I have one. It works perfectly for what I need.

Notice I said need, not what I want. :) If you can read my "Tune To" sign you can hear the music. Since I guess that's all I need it works great. Of course I would like to be able to pick up my channel a block away.

What I think is your transmission rate is highly dependent on your antenna, type of cable, and location of the antenna. And a small percentage on wattage. Just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...