Light-O-Rama Forums

HAVING TROUBLE WITH SHOWS

Guest guest

Sequences Work great as programmed indevidually, however once I go to a programmed show, the music for the sequence plays, but the lights just flicker instead of running the program. I have reset the controllers by setting both controllers to 00, after I power the boxes off and then reset to 01 and 03 respectfully. The hardware utility picks up both controllers and tests out ok. Then the sequences will play individually wonderfully. Again I set the shows to enable and the music plays and they blink.

Another issue I have is the mega tree is LED's at 100% intensity the lights do not want to work, however at 90% they work well. I do not know if this is a problem. I also do not know if this has anything to do with the other problem.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT THE PROBLEM IS??????

Check to make sure that when you enable shows, you are getting a solid LED at the controllers. Sounds like you are losing communication between the two, but I don't know why.

When you have the shows running, do you have the hardware utility or sequence editor open? If so, those may be holding the COM port, and LOR can't run the show.

Also, "They Blink." As in every light blinks once and they go out, or what?

Blinks like in : on and off very fast (say .1 sec...), over and over again. The com port is being used by the shows and the hardware utility and the sequence editor is all closed.

The LED at the controllers are solid...

BRAIN FART!! SORRY, I ADDED A ANIMATION SEQUENCE AND IT WAS RUNNING CONCURRENT TO THE MUSICAL SEQUENCES!! THEREFORE THEY HAVE BEEN BATTLING TO TAKE THE LEAD PER SAY.....

It's amazing how you forget common things that should be easy to figure out. I was testing the lines and looking at sequences for errors.. All it was is a wrong selection in the setup.. Now I feel like a dummy! Anyway thanks all for your help! You guys are a great help!! And a great bunch of friends...

• 2 weeks later...

How did you get the Animation and Musical Sequences to run Sequentially? I have checked the box "run Animation Sequentially" and THEY run sequentially, but CONCURRENTLY with the musical sequences.

Thanks for the help!