Light-O-Rama Forums

Ok, need a little help (yea, I'm a newb)

Guest guest

Alright, I'm sure there's any easy answer to this that I just haven't been able to find. Here's the deal:

At this point I only have 1 Musical Sequence in my Show (figured I'd take it slow for the first time). What I'm trying to do is have my Musical Sequence play once every 20 minutes. During the non-music time, I want all of the same lights used in the sequence to turn ON and stay on until the next Musical Sequence starts.....rinse and repeat until the end of my Scheduled time for the evening.

I've tried setting up my Show a couple of different ways and can't seem to get it configured correctly. I have my Musical Sequence set in the Show Editor with a delay of 1200 seconds (20 minutes). I created another animation named STATIC.las, which has all the channels imported from my Musical Sequence. It is 1 minute in length, all the channels are set to ON for the entire 1 minute and it's set to Loop 20 times. If I just run this Animation separately, all the lights will turn on. I've tried putting the STATIC.las in just the Background, then in just the Animation tab.....nothing. Messed around with the delay in the Musical Sequence, that only makes it repeat sooner. Still no lights on in between.

So, any help here would be greatly appreciated. I just need to know what Animations I need to create and where to put them.

Thanks!!

As I understand it, if you have animation and musical sequences in the same show, the animations play at the same time as the musical sequences. A solution is to record 20 mins of silence as an mp3 and create another musical sequence (your animation) to the 20 mins of silence. Or you could do 1 min of silence and give it 20 different names and put them all in the show under the musical tab with nothing under the animation.

This link:

http://www.lamagiedenoel.ca/Lightorama/lightorama.htm

has some silence .mp3 files for doing just what I described. (Credit to Stephan Key of Quebec) There may be an easier way, but this will work.

Good luck fellow noob!

Derrick,

Thanks for the input.

I've been doing some more experimenting and decided to just put the STATIC.las Animation in the list in my Musical Sequence tab in the Show Editor (drop down menu at the bottom allows you to select any Sequence file) and removed it from the Animation tab. So, even though the Animation itself is not set to any music, it did turn on the lights after the Musical Sequence finished. Seems to be similar to your suggestion, just wasn't any need to "record" a track of silence.

So, I'm not sure if this is the preferred or easiest way to do this, but looks like I've found a work around.

If anyone does have more info, please pass it along.

Thanks!!