Light-O-Rama Forums

lor program locking up and not starting the next day

Guest guest

I am having a little problem with the lor program ending at night then the next day not starting till i restart my computer.what can i do to fix this problem. p.s. i am using the new updated software so i know its not that. any help would be great.

A little problem--a BIG headache...

I had the same problem, and it was most apparently caused by another program running that wanted the same I/O port. In my case, it was Palm HotSync looking for the USB/serial port 3, which is the same port LOR is trying to use. Even though HotSync didn't even boot properly and did not appear active in Task Manager, it still interfered. LOR would run once and shut down properly. Next day when it was time to start the show, any motion around the system tray would lock up the PC.

My solution was to remove HotSync from the Startup folder and reboot. All has been well behaved since.

Check for any other application that's competing for the serial port that's controlling your LOR serial link.

Here's to four weeks of successful LORing!:happytree:

A few questions:

What operating system are you running? What are the physical specifications of the computer you're running it on (laptop/desktop, CPU & speed, memory, free HD space, etc)? What else is running, including screen saver, defrag, antivirus, etc?

Tom

I am currently having the same issue. Only after a reboot will the show launch. The only thing on this machine is the os and the lor software. I am going to hunt around and see if maybe some task is running and is looking to use com 3.

This is a win 2k box.

Suggestions?

I spoke with dan from lor today and he told me he is working on new drivers. He is supposed to email them as soon as he has them and i will be the ginea pig to see if they work. But i told him i will only do so if he promises that if it screws up my show he stays on the phone till it works again and he agreed. lololololol