Light-O-Rama Forums

Song Plays Twice

shfr26

Ran the show last night and after a few Oop's, I got it going. The problem is one song would play twice in a row rather than go to the next song. S3 advanced, Win XP. Have double checked the Show editor, only listed once, play in order checked, any ideas??? Maybe in haste, I screwed something up but for about 5 plays of the show, this one song always played twice, all others work fine. I'm baffled.

Now that you say this, my show did the same thing last night. I thought maybe I had done something wrong, but when I checked my show this morning it appeared ok. Hmm..

If you move that song later in the show;

1)does the new first song play twice?
2)does the original first song play still play first?

If 1 is yes, I don't have a clue

If 2 is yes then you have put that song into "startup"

Just checked the LOR status, clicked on the blue bulb in the tray, It is showing that 2 different titles for that song played, 2010 and 2011, but only one is listed in the show editor. Will run it a little later and see if it does it again.

Pete - remove ALL non-current sequences from your sequence directory and then restart your show. I think that will solve the problem.

I ended up deleting everything, show, schedule and anything else I could think of and it worked. Now a new problem, the second song, after the first show is ready to play again, cuts the very end off the first song. Works Okay the first time but gets cut off the first song every time after that.:?

Regarding the original problem (which I understand you're no longer affected by, but hey):

In the Musical section of a show, did you have "Play in order" or "Shuffle" selected? If "Shuffle", there is an option called "The same song can be played back-to-back". If you had that turned on, it might cause what you describe.

Alternatively, perhaps the same song was listed twice in the Musical section?

Or some intervening sequence was unable to be loaded, causing it to be skipped?

Regarding the new problem:

Hmm... a musical sequence shouldn't get cut off (with a couple exceptions that I'll mention below). Perhaps Windows Media Player (which actually plays the song, and tells LOR when it's done playing) told LOR it was done prematurely? I don't know why this would happen, but maybe if your song is a variable bit rate MP3, replace it with a constant bit rate MP3, or a WAV. Or, perhaps, reinstall the latest WMP.

The exceptions where a musical sequence might be cut off:

(1) If you "Disable shows immediately" while it is playing;

(2) In certain situations with interactive shows (i.e. shows that contain triggers).

bob wrote:

Regarding the original problem (which I understand you're no longer affected by, but hey):

In the Musical section of a show, did you have "Play in order" or "Shuffle" selected? If "Shuffle", there is an option called "The same song can be played back-to-back". If you had that turned on, it might cause what you describe.

Alternatively, perhaps the same song was listed twice in the Musical section?

Or some intervening sequence was unable to be loaded, causing it to be skipped?

Regarding the new problem:

Hmm... a musical sequence shouldn't get cut off (with a couple exceptions that I'll mention below). Perhaps Windows Media Player (which actually plays the song, and tells LOR when it's done playing) told LOR it was done prematurely? I don't know why this would happen, but maybe if your song is a variable bit rate MP3, replace it with a constant bit rate MP3, or a WAV. Or, perhaps, reinstall the latest WMP.

The exceptions where a musical sequence might be cut off:

(1) If you "Disable shows immediately" while it is playing;

(2) In certain situations with interactive shows (i.e. shows that contain triggers).

Play in order was checked

Listed only once in the editor

All songs are constant bit rate

Will check for WMP update

Did not disable show

And last , no triggers

Thank you for all the suggestions, it seems to be working fine now.