Light-O-Rama Forums

spiral tree

confinisher67

just started getting serious with lights this year, and planning a spiral tree for next year. im good at working with my hands, but not the best understanding the electricl details.1, i take it since i dont see them done with led colorchanging rope that it doesnt work or look good combing the seperate controllers for the tree and the ropes? 2, is there a drawing anywhere to show how the lights are hooked up to the channel boxes? i thought each strand needed a channel but i notice people do them with as few as 16, so does like a group of strands go into each channel?

and also does anyone know of a group that gets together in illinois for all of the electronics of the christmas lights for people that need more of a hands on understanding?

Welcome!! I do not have a spiral tree this year. As you, I am planning on them next year. I am building 7' trees. If you do a search on the forum, there are all kinds of articles about them. Try Spiral tree as well as Weber tree in your search. Also, if you put your location in your profile, we can see where you are. I am in central Illinois and there are a few of us on here. There are also a few from the St. Louis area as well.

thanks for the welcom

yep ive went thru some posts on the spiral trees, and watched the videos on youtube on making 1, no one seems to show how they actually hook them up to the boxes.or done with rgb rope with dmx controller. i do like all the different ways people have put them up, as youve seen lately here we seem to have 20+ mph winds every other day. i actually had to tie strings to the bottom of my meteor lights to a spike in the ground just to stop them from blowing on the roof each time.weights wouldnt work, finally this has worked.

yeah im really wanting to get some hands on on the electronics part of everything like seeing if some of the ge g35 lights can be hooked together/controlled together with diff effects, i read some forums on it, it sounded very complicated to me. but his end result looked basic. i know if i could watch the way some of this stuff is done i believe i could do it.......hopefully..lol