Light-O-Rama Forums

Light coming on when they shouldn't.

lisanewbie

First of all upgraded to S3. The problem we are having is that some of the lights are coming on when they are not sequenced to do so . I have checked my programing and the light are not on in the sequence but when played with the control light is on they come on and stay on it happens with more than one controller. Anyone else experienceing this problem know how to fix it please share. This is driving me nuts.

Have you run the verifier to ensure you have no conflicts? Not only check your sequences, but check your channel config. Do you have 2 controller set to the same unit ID erroenously?

Not sure how many controllers are doing it, but you can try resets for each one.

If it is PC style:

1. power down
2. remove jumper from row 2 of header
3. power up, have an egg nog (or, wait 30 seconds, or both)
4. power down
5. replace jumper
6. power up and reset controller ID

Or, 160X style:

1. power down
2. set ID dials to 0, 0
3. do steps 3 and 4 above (a second egg nog never hurts)
4. set unit ID
5. power up and test

You can eliminate controller as the issue by testing one at a time via the Hardware Utility.

I tried doing the second method...same result...may drag the laptop out, unhook the cat5s and hook directly into it and check with the hardware utility. The first method...what is the header you are talking about?

Refer to your user manual to see a pic, but it is in the upper right quarter of the board, to the left of the 9-16 triacs/optos. A set of parallel pins, that, as your controller sits now, assuming it is a PC version controller, should have a plastic jumper across the second row from the top.

Are you seeing this in the visualizer or in your actual setup? I noticed that since S3 uses a new dimming curve (no longer linear), it will pick up the smaller accidential ON segment. For instance, I had a number of small starter fades that i didn't delete (fade 0-100 over 1 sec - the first block you couldnt really see). So before it wouldn't really show in the Animator, but in the visualizer, it would show as a small blip.