Light-O-Rama Forums

Big mistake

shfr26

Figured I got 4 or 5 new songs done, just go touch up what I did last year and add the new tree. NO WAY!! My sequences from last year look like CRAP!! How could people sit out there and watch this sh@@ for any length of time??? I had people come back night after night, and I can't stand to watch it once. Is it me, or what??? Please help me figure it out. Is it just me, or they don't know what they are looking at?:shock::shock:

No it's NOT you, it's all of us, I think most of us have been there and done that. I'm on my 2nd year and had to use some of last years Christmas sequences and they aren't very good at all. Fortunately I have tweaked quite a few and improved them, but to me, they still look like crap in some areas. But noone that's been watching the display has noticed.

So it's just us crazy light folk that seem to have the problem with it.:shock::D

I had the same problem ealier this year, looked at my first song and wanted to barf. I have several new things this year and happy for the most part. The sequencing isn't my favorite part of this hobby. Next year I'll look back at this year's show and say "What the heck was I thinkin?"

evan.a wrote:

Pete, let me know what sequences you need.

Thanks Evan, I got plenty, they just look like garbage and I used them last year! I must be getting too particular in my old age, or I'm betting better and almost know what I want it to look like. As long as all the visitors like them, thats all that matters.

Yeah!! Iv been doing this for 4 yrs. I looked at the ones I used the first two years and they were crap. After several hours of tweeking I am happy now. I have 4 new sequences this year and cant wait to see them on the house.

same here... the better and faster i get a doing a sequence the longer it takes because i have so many more ideas. as have 2 or 3 songs that absolutely are terrible but they are requested songs and can't take them out. so its either redo them or just not watch them. well, i just dont watch

I'm with you all. I looked a the sequences I did last year and didn't revive one of them. A year ago I was pretty proud of those five songs. Maybe it's just the joy of doing something new (and improved).
:cool::cool::cool:

doug petschke wrote:

mine are still crap .. but hey, the cows (real cows I might add)next door dont give a crap!

I live across the street from a cemetary so I don't get a lot of complaints either. :shock:

And like Drew I went from 80 channels to 256 the second year and almost shot myself for all the changes. This year I am not able to put up so much stuff so I am only using 128 channels but it does take quite a bit of tinkering with the sequencing since things are shifted around in the yard and that makes the sequences look "funny" so I have to modify them to fit the new setup.

I think that next year I really have to get in the mindset of having a "basic" setup for the display and then just adding things as I want to so that it can just grow without having to be redone every year.

Bill

Last year we went from GE Lights and Sounds of Christmas to 16 channel LOR. I told my DH that the sequences I made looked like 16 channels of Mr. Christmas.

This year we have 32 channels (and another 16 coming in the mail), with a CCR divided into two arches. Now, instead of making all the lights go blinkity blink, I'm learning to make display elements.

The new Visualizer is a great tool. Create your props, put them all together to get a big picture of your display. Then, grab the props and put them in separate Visualizer files to sequence your display elements one at a time.

Linda