Your Fleet

Guest guest

Lets see pictures of your fleet!

Heres mine; we downsized a couple controllers as I didnt have the time to get them set up so it was only the ones in the picture:

thefleetpn8.jpg

Zac

I can actually say I dont have any pictures of all my controllers together. In fact I only have pictures of one during various stages of mounting it in the box for anyone out there that may want to use the same enclosures. Hmm I must be strange. I bet the wife has a copy of our bank account however showing that crazy purchase I did last May. And I am sure she will save that pic for a rainy day when she needs something done. :)

I don't think I have any pix of my controllers at all, much less all together, other than the few on my website taken about 3 years ago...

I have 10 discrete boxes this year -- most of 'em are 8-channel though, so my total is still only 96 channels.

-Tim

I won't have my "fleet" together in one place again until sometime in January. For right now they are spread all through the yard and field, interconnected with over 1,000 feet of Cat-5.

EAB wrote:

Okay Zac. Crazy Canadians....

Here are my feet...

feet.jpg

Rich... something about your post stinks. I can't figure out what it is. :laughing:

Couldn't hold out any longer:]

Here's mine...

Attached files 99299=6023-Controller (6).JPG

mountainwxman wrote:

EAB wrote:
Okay Zac. Crazy Canadians....

Here are my feet...

feet.jpg

Rich... something about your post stinks. I can't figure out what it is. :laughing:

Couldn't hold out any longer:]

Here's mine...

LOL!!!! That's funny.. :) LOL!!

MichaelC wrote:

Geez, I can't even begin to count the probable Electrical violations in this post... .and I'm not even an electrician.

So true, but I'm not going by the pictures posted. I cannot imagine what’s going on out there

When you have to deal with 1000’s of lights or more or if someone ends up needing more power then the single outlet that the original homebuilder put in that’s where the problems will start.

Problem is for those who do know how the hook up electrical connections is

$15 in parts = gets the lights up and running

$50 in parts = gets the lights up and running almost to code (well kinda)

$250 in parts = gets the lights up running and satisfies the electrical code requirements

Multiple $250 x # number of controllers = Big $$$

I upgraded my display several years ago to meet the electrical code requirements stated in my province. It would have cost $3000 to do it retail but I got a lot of the stuff for free or for peanuts from an electrician and at garags sales etc…

I use these connectors to setup the display for temp use then it all comes apart to be put away. http://www.manning-electric.com/russellstoll.htm

I use a 150 amp 4pin 240v connector.

Costs over $1000 new but got it for free!

Attached files 99823=6050-100_4274a.jpg

I’m kind of sad, i feel as if its being directed towards me:(. My boxes have plexi (sp) over them, it just doesn’t show up in the pictures, there wired to a sub panel that is on a 100 breaker and goes to the sub and splits to 15amps, then from there it goes to 10 gfi plugs. I also have two other lines that go to two of the ten gfi's. So there’s a max of 120amps. And its all in a locked room in the basement off the basement wall. Each box plugs into the gfi's. The home im in would not pass code as it is. (like that before we got here, the additions we added will)

Jordan