Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Channel Configuration

PatDelaney

I am a complete Newbie, I've only had the software 3 days. Is thre a way to set the properties of a channel so it can only be on or off?

I don't want to accidentally appy a fade or shimmer effect to a strobe curtain channel, or anything else I may plug into it. I would just like it on or off.

Thanks

If you have a Gen3 controller, and the S3 software, then you can set the channels to "on" or "off" only in the Hardware utility.

I don't have a controller hooked up, so I can't tell you where, exactly, the button is. I want to say it's on the main LOR Control tab within the HWU, called "Advanced" or something close.

If you do not have a G3 controller, then you could use the foreground effect tool. Highlight the entire row of strobes, etc, select the foreground tool, and then choose "on."

Any cell within that row that has *any* event in it will turn on. Thus, if you accidentally applied a fade to the strobes channel, all cells would now be "on" instead of fading down.

See the help file (F1) for more on the foreground tool.

Residual leakage in most controllers can cause strobes to fire prematurely, and you may need a "dummy" or "ghost" load on the same string. Screw one or two regular incandescent lights in the same string as the strobes and paint them black or put shrink wrap on them. This should cause the small amount of current to be reduced far enough to keep the strobes from firing before you actually want them to.

Thanks I will check that out. I only have one sequence done, so Im just playing it on demand and then just turning all the lights on. I just noticed the Controller 1 channels 1-8 are not on. I'll have to go out and check in the daylight to see what happened.