Light-O-Rama Forums

Delete Multiple Channels?

TitanBry77

Hey all,

I'm really getting the hang of the software now that I've had some quiet time and time to focus.

My main thing I'm trying to conquer now is I found a sequence online and I want to chop out a bunch of channels, say for instance they have 8 channels in the sequence called "Snowflake - 1, 2, 3" etc.

Is there a way to multiple select? I've not found it anywhere in the manual, online etc.

Unfortunately no. You can add multiple channels, but you can't delete multiple channels (would be nice if you could).

However the easiest way to do this currently is go to "Tools", then click "Channel Configuration", then scroll down where the channels start you want to delete and click on the red X on each channel you want to delete. This is a lot easier than clicking a channel button, then clicking delete channel, then clicking confirm/ok to delete it.

You will still have to confirm you want to delete the channel with Yes/No or Cancel.

Believe me, there are times I want to delete 5 or more channels at once, but currently there is still no way to delete multiple channels at one time. I know it's time consuming, but it's a little easier from the Channel Configuration screen than the main sequence screen.

Thanks a ton! That sped it up a lot. Still time consuming but much faster than the main screen.

Now is it possible to copy channels from say Sequence A to Sequence B. I made a nice sequence of my own with mini trees and want to copy arches from another sequence to it?

Also with S3 you can delete a controller in the Channel Configuration window. As the feature suggests it will take out the entire controller, so use with caution.

If you are using S3, and the channels are contiguous (or if you can easily make them contiguous), there's a much easier way:

Group the channels. Delete the group.

Here is a video showing an example of this technique.

You know what would be really nice???? If you deleted them from the sequencing page and they didn't disappear from the channel schedule. That way if you decide to use them while programming you don't have to go thru the whole re-set up of those channels.. Then if you really wanted them gone just red X them in the Channel Config.

I use the same channel config for all the show, but I just don't program all the lights in every show. Loosing the button the front without messing with the channel config would be nice!

plasmadrive wrote:

You know what would be really nice????   If you deleted them from the sequencing page and they didn't disappear from the channel schedule.  That way if you decide to use them while programming you don't have to go thru the whole re-set up of those channels..   Then if you really wanted them gone just red X them in the Channel Config.

I use the same channel config for all the show, but I just don't program all the lights in every show.  Loosing the button the front without messing with the channel config would be nice! 

I hate that idea. That could result in duplicate cjannel assignments and a host of other problems.

If you don't want to program them, just don't put them in the working track, but leave them in the master track.

You are using tracks ?

Yep, I am using tracks while programming. I do switch them around as needed, but I have had a few issues with not being able to save, like several some others.

It seems that when I do the delete and add in the channel config I wind up with that error at times.. when I do nothing to the channel config I never have that error.

My reasoning behind that is because my setup of lights once up, won't change for the season.. unless I add to it. So since that configuration is pretty stable for now, why not delete the "button" instead of the channel?

I wouldnt delete those channels, just unassign them.. WHEN you go bigger (and you'll ALWAYS go bigger), get more controllers, yer gonna WISH you had kept them.. Keeping them also gives you the opportunity to change some of the elements around. Those channels may say Snowflake 1, 2.. etc, but you can make them Deer 1, 2, 3.. Coloumms 1, 2, 3, Bushs.. Window.. I never delete unused channels, just group and hide them for later expansion.