Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 and Lynx Express Setup

Mark West

Anyone running S3 with LE controllers and Lynx dongle? If so, what is your setup? All my hardware seems to check out but I'm not getting any blinky blinky when running a sequence. I've gone into Network Preferences and selected DMX Universe and Lynx dongle for DMX.

Thanks.

Mark West wrote:

What is that?

I have gotten it to work using xlights.

From the S3 help file:

The LOR Comm Listener is a program that runs in the background, allowing other programs (such as the Sequence Editor and the Show Player) to control DMX devices. The Comm Listener must be running in order for those programs to control such devices.

The LOR Comm Listener is automatically started when the LOR Control Panel is started, unless DMX support is not configured (for example if the license level does not support it, or if no DMX listener port is specified in the Sequence Editor's Network Preferences dialog). Also, it is automatically shut down when the LOR Control Panel is shut down. So, to make sure that you can control your DMX devices, make sure that the LOR Control Panel is running.

I'm running LE's with a Enttec Pro. Same setup. Start the control panel and the listener will start. I sure hope a different solution is in the works for this as it's confusing.