Light-O-Rama Forums

error opening an exported superstar sequence

kneel999

I have finished a sequence in superstar ( not my first, all others worked fine) and exported it to a .lms file. When I try to open it in my LOR sequence editor I'm getting an error message that says "Error Loading sequence" "Expected entity name for reference"
Here is a screen shot.error.jpg
I don't know if this is an export error with the Superstar software or an issue with the LOR sequencer. I've never had this problem or heard of this error. I'm turning my show on in just 2 more days and would like to use this sequence. Thankserror.JPG

kneel999 wrote:

I have finished a sequence in superstar ( not my first, all others worked fine) and exported it to a .lms file. When I try to open it in my LOR sequence editor I'm getting an error message that says "Error Loading sequence" "Expected entity name for reference"
Here is a screen shot.error.jpg
I don't know if this is an export error with the Superstar software or an issue with the LOR sequencer. I've never had this problem or heard of this error. I'm turning my show on in just 2 more days and would like to use this sequence.   Thankserror.JPG

Zip up the .sup file and email it to brian@superstarlights.com and I will be able to figure out what the problem is.

I figured out the problem! ;)

After searching Google for this error it seems that XML files don't like certain
characters such as "&, >, or <"
I opened my sequence file in notepad++ to look at it and because the name of my audio file was Linus & Lucy - Charlie Brown Theme.wav I tried changing the name of the audio file to just Linus_Lucy.wav and took out the "&" symbol and that fixed it.
Obviously you have to be careful of what your song is named in case it has a symbol in it that the program doesn't like.

kneel999 wrote:

I figured out the problem! ;)

After searching Google for this error it seems that XML files don't like certain
characters such as  "&, >, or I opened my sequence file in notepad++ to look at it and because the name of my audio file was Linus & Lucy - Charlie Brown Theme.wav I tried changing the name of the audio file to just Linus_Lucy.wav and took out the "&" symbol and that fixed it.
Obviously you have to be careful of what your song is named in case it has a symbol in it that the program doesn't like.

Good detective work.Another person had an error because of an '&' character in the audio file name, but it was a different error so I thought it was a different cause. But so far, all of the export errors have been because of unusual characters in the audio file name.

• 1 year later...

I just ran into this error, and ran through the XML as Kneel999 did, and discovered that in my visualization file, I named a prop "Star 5 & 6". Renamed them in the visualizer, and re-exported the file, no problem. :)