Light-O-Rama Forums

90% Complete 80 Channel Controller

hcl1

Very nice, Very clean, I like this set up. I do have a question you have 64 channels of plugs but 80 channels of LOR? Are you planning on running dongles out the bottom for the last 16 channels?

Looks great. About as clean and organized a wiring job as you can get.

So your lighting design is such that all 80 channels in one location is best?

I love the look of it, the only concern I would have is long term flexibility, and being able to add to or change your design.

hcl1 wrote:

I am currently only using this one controller for my mega tree so I don't really need it for anything else in the future except maybe another one when I get a bigger Megatree

Ok, that makes perfect sense.

Makes my little 3 controller hoffman mega tree enclosure look like a science fair project...:)

Definitely post pics of tree and enclosure as one..

Yes I am going to get it paited black when I get done. This is a 36" 4R box. You cannot really see the upper shield and the other hardware to really lock it down is off of it. What is left to be put inside is the 4/3 SOOW cable to provide the power to it from the meter and the LCD current Monitor module that I built.

Nice job on the controller. I built something similar 2 years ago for my mega tree as well. I just didn't want the outlets on the outside of the box so I went with 64 channels in it and receptacles inside as well.
I have mine fed through the bottom by 2 - 30 amp twist lock connectors and all the wiring (except for the 2 Cat connectors) goes in through the bottom as well.
I did stick in 4 switches so that I can shut off each board if need be.

Bill

Attached files 285286=15798-DSC00327.JPG

I like that design. I just figured it was going to be easy to put all the outlets in the cover and give me room for another board and for the fuses that I put inside. I wanted to keep mine completely watertight so I didn't want a bunch of cords coming into the bottom.

• The topic was locked