Light-O-Rama Forums

Using Visualizer Props in S3

plasmadrive

Hi All,

I am new to this so here is what I am trying to do. I have put all my fixtures and channel assignments in the Visualizer. I have several of the premade shows.

What I want to do is put my fixture list into the canned show and then work with it to tweak it to my fixtures. I can't see any way to do this. The only thing it seems I can do is go thru one by one and change the channels and controllers manually

Is there any hope?

BTW, I saved my Props, but not individual fixtures. Do I have to do that as well? if so, is there a global save some where that I can see it?

Thanks.

Craig

You can use the 'Channel Wizard' to help assign channels to fixtures that are part of props. The wizard is on tab 3 of the Prop properties.

The only time you should be exporting/importing fixtures/props is because you want to share them: either with other users, or because you are creating a new visualizer file. Saving the entire editor file is just like any other program: File/Save.

Hi Mike,

Perhaps I don't have the jest of all this yet.. Should I not be creating my fixture layout and channel assignment in the Visualizer?

I actually created all my fixtures in the Visualizer so that I could assign all the channels and see how the layout would work. That part is all finished and channels are assigned.

I have purchased several canned shows but they of course don't match my particular layout. So What I want is to import my Props or fixtures and their channel assignments into the canned shows.. From there I want to make edit and add the things I want to add. In the sequencer I didn't see any command for importing fixtures or Props..

Perhaps I am going at this all wrong. Time is short as you know, and there is so much to read and digest.. some of it just doesn't search well in the help files..

Any tips on how to do this would be helpful... or if I am completely off base.. please help steer me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Craig

Ah ok. Sorry, it doesn't work that way :P Well, it DOES work that way, but you are coming at it from 2 different directions.

For example, you can use the Visualizer to plan out how you want things wired/etc. You would then create your channels in the Sequence Editor based on what you learned from creating the visualizer.

OR, you could create your channels and then create your visualizer file. You can use 'reference' files in the vis to help you assign the channels to the correct fixtures.

What you can't do is automagically re-assign channels in one based on the other.

Me personally? I would wire my visualizer to match the way I wanted from the canned sequence by loading the sequence into the Visualizer as a reference, then editing each fixture's channel assignments.

http://www.lightorama.com/help/reference_channels.htm
http://www.lightorama.com/help/channel_assignment_wizard_non_.htm
http://www.lightorama.com/help/channel_settings_dialog.htm

Ahhh.. I was afraid you were going to say that..

I actually put the all the hardware out, then did the visualizer as it related to the hardware in the real world..

I was doing this on short time frames so I guess planning was not my strong point here.

I guess I will go into the canned shows and enter the hardware manually as needed.. I am used to laser software where we can do far more then with S3 in terms of manipulation. I grossly under estimated the time I needed... Rats!

Thanks for the help!

CRaig