Light-O-Rama Forums

New to me.

Guest guest

The past two nights about half way thu a four hour show the lights stop, all off. Computer running fine. Power on, music playing, Control panel says event playing. The only fix I have found, is to turn off the power to the controller then back on. The lights come back on in the middle of the song in time with the music. Has anyone else had this happen and what is the correct fix?

go_vandy wrote:

The past two nights about half way thu a four hour show the lights stop, all off. Computer running fine. Power on, music playing, Control panel says event playing. The only fix I have found, is to turn off the power to the controller then back on. The lights come back on in the middle of the song in time with the music. Has anyone else had this happen and what is the correct fix?

When this happens, what is the status LED on the controller doing? Also, what type of RS485 adapter are you using?

go_vandy wrote:

The LED light is off. The adaptor has LOR in red marked on it. No number.

I'm assuming the RS485 adpater is a serial port adapter, the USB adapters has USB485 or USB485B written on them. Yours is the simplest, bulletproof adapter.

You can try a controller reset: power off, Unit ID to 00, power on, LED should do two flashes, pause, repeat, wait a few seconds, power off, reset Unit ID to old value.

If no luck: If the LED is off, and it's lit solid while the show is playing (I.e. the LED works), then I can think of a couple possibilities, (1)bad/intermittent/interruptable connection to power for the controller and cutting and reapplying power reconnects it for a while or (2)the microprocessor is crashing. Micro crashing is usually self correcting, because it reboots instantly on a crash. If there is no power problem (try diffferent extension cord, outlet, is there any self-resetting circuit breaker somewhere in the path to the controller's power plug, etc,) If no to all these tests, I think your controller is broken and we'll have to repair it.