Light-O-Rama Forums

Show editor

Charles Belcher

If I add a seq to a show and save it then later edit that same seq
Do I have to delete it from the show and add it back
Or does the show editor grab a new copy?

Charles,

I forget when, exactly, but the show player will read the changed file. You don't have to delete/re-add the sequence to the show.

I think that if the show is currently running then the sequences are already loaded for that session. In that case, you need to disable the show and enable it again, telling LOR to reload the songs. But if you're between shows then I don't think you need to do anything as the sequence will be loaded again automatically when the next scheduled show calls for it.

aurickle wrote:

I think that if the show is currently running then the sequences are already loaded for that session. In that case, you need to disable the show and enable it again, telling LOR to reload the songs.

This is true if all you do is change the contents of a sequence (for example, if you change what a channel does at some particular time). But if you change the show itself - for example you add a sequence to it, remove a sequence from it, or change the order of sequences in it - the show and all its sequences will automatically be reloaded (with the old version of the show gracefully shutting down first).