Light-O-Rama Forums

Wife is a smart a$$

mmkooiman67

Working my butt off Saturday trying to get everything ready and my loving wife post's the following on Facebook:

As I look outside through my kitchen window, the sun's shining, the birds are chirping, and there's a crazy man in my front yard putting thousands of Christmas lights up, oh wait, he started this a month ago! I'm a Christmas Light Widow :P

What a catch, huh?

HAHA

Guest Don Gillespie

mmkooiman67 wrote:

Working my butt off Saturday trying to get everything ready and my loving wife post's the following on Facebook:

As I look outside through my kitchen window, the sun's shining, the birds are chirping, and there's a crazy man in my front yard putting thousands of Christmas lights up, oh wait, he started this a month ago! I'm a Christmas Light Widow :)

What a catch, huh?

HAHA

The best part about this statement is she is not alone, there are probably hundreds of wives who are exactly like her, yours is being very nice, my wife usually says (after I have everything up) you should move that tree there and move that deer over there, where was she when I laid out the grid for the 2011 display LOL :P

I feel your pain. My wife posted this on facebook this morning...

"The holiday display is taking shape. He left the lights on the tree in back on all night, which was the equivalent of the sun burning through my windows, so I politely asked him to cut the power to it tonight."

And it was only a little over 1,000 LEDs.:P

You know there is a new TV show spin-off from "Desparate Housewives". It's called "Desparate LOR Housewives" !!!
She should watch it.

Mark Showalter wrote:

"Ick. It's sticking. And Clark Griswold is not happy."

If I had a dollar for every time my wife called me Clark...I'd be rich!

And when I went to our mini in September, my brother, God love him,

posts on facebook..."oh the shame, I'm so embarassed, its September, sad, just sad"

I told him no video for you this year...he recanted his statement to me verbally, I made him post a retraction on FB and admit that I'm still cool!

I am one of the few blessed ones whose wife helps with all of my display. She gets on the roof with me, and helps me carry everything out and plug everything in. She's a keeper! I politely ask her to leave me alone when it comes to sequencing, however.

My Wife is right in the thick of it with all of our static stuff and actually puts out most of it (about 20k lights) and I love her for it. But once I start sequencing at night she goes upstairs and watches the TV rather than listen to me playing the same 10 seconds of a song over and over.

JoeKinne wrote:

My Wife is right in the thick of it with all of our static stuff and actually puts out most of it (about 20k lights) and I love her for it. But once I start sequencing at night she goes upstairs and watches the TV rather than listen to me playing the same 10 seconds of a song over and over.
Does she have a sister?!?!?

JoeKinne wrote:

I have to wear headphones when sequencing. Otherwise I get "the look".

My wife's in the thick of it too, but while I do the lighting, she does the yard props.. last year our theme was Island of Misfit Toys.. Diane make every one of the charactors from Rudolph, all except Bumbles.. Rudolph and Clarise were wireframe reindeer but she covered them with fabric, looked awesome! My kids are the ones that just roll their eyes and make snide FB posts abt me..

Attached files 283869=15753-IMG00213.jpg

All I can say is that you guys should consider yourselves lucky no matter what your significant other thinks.

I have never been able to find anyone who can put up with my "quirks?" for more than a few weeks. HA

Of course I am pretty touched at times and have been known to do random things like just stop somewhere and take a hot air balloon ride or a small plane aerial tour of someplace.
I can only imagine that it would tend to make someone a little nuts to try and keep up with me at times.

Hope you all have a safe and wonderful Happy Holiday Season.

Bill

I like my arrangement. Wife takes care of the inside... I take care of the outside. The one rule we have is not to stick a nose in the other person's business :-)

Richard Hamilton wrote:

I like my arrangement. Wife takes care of the inside... I take care of the outside. The one rule we have is not to stick a nose in the other person's business :-)

Same here :P

Tom Straub

TJ tell your Wife AWESOME job on those. I would never have thought about putting fabric on a wireframe. Did you remove the lights first or just not hook them up? Except of course Rudolph's nose.

I left the lights on the frame, and lit them up too.. They were cool enough not to worry abt heat/fire with the fabric.. and yes, even had a C9 for Ruddy's nose :)