Light-O-Rama Forums

My Mega Tree

caniac

This has been a real challenge, I grossly underestimated the weight of 48 strands of lights. I am glad I replace the Sunsetter flagpole with the sturdier Tele-Pole model. Was also stressing about the lights being long enough, but after we got the pole up to it's full 20ft position the lights were plenty long enough. Tested the lights last night.

Attached files 283047=15715-MegaTree1.jpg

let me know how well it holds up
I might go that route next year for my mega tree instead of my current leaning tree of mega when I was attaching the pvc couplings together one of the couples was slightly off and long story short I have the leaning tower of pisa

T110431 wrote:

let me know how well it holds up
I might go that route next year for my mega tree instead of my current leaning tree of mega when I was attaching the pvc couplings together one of the couples was slightly off and long story short I have the leaning tower of pisa
will do, it took four of us to raise it but we are smurfs!! have three guide wires at the top to keep it steady.

looks great,, my tree is only 12 feet tall and gave me fits as well,next year will be better now that I know how to tackle it

fired up just the tree tonight and all I can say is THANK YOU GUYS FOR RECOMMENDING C6. I was blown away and haven't even fired up the inner ring of C6's yet.

fired up the entire show last night and WOW. all the help I received here on what mega tree lights to use, tomato cages, wire ties, fire sticks, etc. has really paid dividends. extremely happy with my mini-tree's, wide angle led's are really really bright!! the better half is blown away by the mega tree and 5,000 C6's! The only near catastrophe was the mega tree star, we broke the connector raising the pole and wasn't sure how to fix (LED rope light). Quick thinking from the better half and we strapped three strands of LED's M5's to the star and it looks really nice.

I can't thank you guys enough for all the advice, suggestions, help.

• The topic was locked