Light-O-Rama Forums

Scrooge is Alive and Well In West Seattle...

jimswinder

So Sunday afternoon I am 10 feet up on a ladder, scurrying to finish putting up the last few lights on my house (nope...didn't "get ur done"), when I hear this whistling, like somebody calling their dog.

I slowly turn around to see this old man sitting in a white pick-up truck, with his window rolled down.

He just sits there, staring at me and all my lights for well over 5 seconds when he finally yells out "That is verifiably the worst piece of sh!t I have ever seen".

Is "verifiably" even a word??

Without missing a beat I reply "Well, thank you...feel free not to drive by then."

He looked at me for another 5 seconds or so and then drove away...

Now, I will be the first to admit that during the day my display doesn't look at it's best (I don't think most do)...but to say the least, he made my day...because before that happened, I was getting people who walked by, all saying they could not wait to see this years show...people driving by and honking and giving me the "thumbs up" or yelling out their windows "LOVE YOUR LIGHTS!!"...

We cannot please everyone in this life, especially those who don't want to "live" a joyous life, but rather choose to be cranky for whatever reason they might use to justify their miserable existence here on earth.

But we are here to shed some "light" into those peoples' lives who want to allow our "light" to brighten up their lives...even if it is just for a few moments...

Shine on fellow "lighters"!!!

Attached files 282992=15714-Ugly House.JPG

"the worst piece of sh!t I have ever seen"

as seen in the West Seattle Blog this morning... lol

http://westseattleblog.com/2011/11/countdown-to-west-seattle-lights-2011-debut-next-saturday

and the West Seattle Herald...

http://www.westseattleherald.com/2011/11/20/features/slideshow-helmstetler-christmas-spectacular-b

gee...I guess I better get some songs sequenced!!!!

LOL...and thanks Jeff...as always, you have shed the correct light on it!!! :P

Me, I probably would have said something like this:

"Of course it looks like a piece of sh*t now, I'm not done with it! But it'll be a thing of beauty when I am."

and

"So come back after it's all up and operating one night, and then tell me what you think."

And then if he says the same thing (opinion hasn't changed), then I'd just say:

"Then do me and all those that enjoy this a huge favor, please don't bother to drive down the street during the holiday season, since this seems to offend you so much.

Thank you and goodbye Mr. Scrooge."

some one like him I would Have said Thank you and Merry Christmas and I probably would have added (depending on the mood I was in) and you sir are the worst peice of s**t I ever seen

I like to insult insulters
I think he used verifiably to prove he knows fancy words why would he use that in this sentence I mean what does he need to verify. "That is verifiably the worst piece of sh!t I have ever seen". Where he could have said This is the worst ''and so on''

If you are going to insult some one do it right. and also what is he refering to being the worst peice of s**t he ever seen
could he have seen a rabbit t*rd sitting in your grass and was refering to that or he could have been refering to him self in the mirror or his vehicle he was not verry specific

Yes, verifiably is a word. I know it doesn't sound correct, but it is an actual word.

Even ran the sentence through my word processors spell check and it didn't flag it.

See links for further info:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/verifiable

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/verifiably

http://www.yourdictionary.com/verifiably
(This last one will really make you laugh in reference to Scrooges comment: "That is verifiably the worst piece of sh!t I have ever seen").

T110431 wrote:

also, what is he referring to being the worst piece of s**t he ever seen?

Ya know what?

He must have been referring to ME!!!

Not my Christmas Display!!!

Whew...I feel much better now.

THANKS T110431!!!! :)

You guys are so much nicer than I would have been, I would have told him "your wife/mother/daughter" didn't think so last night or something equal or worse. I don't have a whole lot of patience with folks like that. Had some kid give me grief last year because he hated Christmas music and I didn't do any heavy metal, told him to go away or I would call is probation officer. He left really fast after that.

You know, he might be right. He knows what a "Piece of $@#t" looks like because he sees it in the mirror each morning!

Nice Display.

caniac wrote:
...I would have told him "your wife/mother/daughter" didn't think so last night...

But what if he comes back with "ain't never been married a$$hole, so I don't have a wife or daughter, and me mother has been dead for over xx(10, 20, etc) years, so I know she wasn't here last night!"

"THANKS!"
Or any other responce you would have given to anyone that complement your display!

S**t could be a new way of saying something is good!

you might be right since some people use words for other meanings I think ill means good (some how) so maby worst peice of s**t could mean this
That is verifiably the Best Display of Christmas Lights I have ever seen

Jim, pay no attention and move on! It's not worth the effort.

My wife's uncle and aunt used to live next door. She would tell me every year---many times---how much she hated my blinking lights. I used to say "Aunt Midge, just go in your house and shut your door and don't look out the windows until January 1st. Then you won't have to deal with it." Uncle George loved the lights!

It's not worth getting upset about it, especially with all those who like it.

Conversely, I also had an elderly neighbor in the cul-de-sac across the street who would sit in her living room window and watch the lights for hours every evening. She called me about once a week to tell me how wonderful they were. That took away all that grouchy old Aunt Midge ever said.

Orville wrote:

caniac wrote:
...I would have told him "your wife/mother/daughter" didn't think so last night...

But what if he comes back with "ain't never been married a$$hole, so I don't have a wife or daughter, and me mother has been dead for over xx(10, 20, etc) years, so I know she wasn't here last night!"
I have answers even for that but will stop while I am ahead!!lol

Jim, do not worry about it there is always someone that has to rain on your parade. These are the type of people that will never be happy in life and always think that the "Man" is holding them down. Based on their miserable existence they try to bring you down. I am new to Light O Rama and this is only my second year. I always get a good laugh out of your posts and they have helped me. Keep up the good work. I agree with Rick Childers, I am not that clever, I just would have said something like "F*** off A$$h0le".