Light-O-Rama Forums

Need a little help

Guest guest

I have a small show scheduled. I put a sequence in the startup and shutdown with three sequences in the musical section. When I enable the show, I hear music, but no lights. When I disable and check the utility and test the lights, they work fine. I know I am doing something wrong, but this is my first time and I know I'm missing something.

Thanks for all of the experienced guys/gals who help us noobs out.

Jon

Maybe this has something to do with it. As I was playing around with it, I noticed I saved all my sequences as musical files. Do I need a separate animation file? When I try to save as a different file, it says that my animation will lose the music it is associated with. Don't know if that helps.

First, if you haven't done so already, upgrade to 1.6.1. There were some bugs in the older version that might affect how things are playing.

In fact, the 1.5.0 version has a bug that requires you to have a background sequence if you are going to have a start-up sequence. If you don't have it, you will get unexpected results.

Also check to make sure you have the channels configured correctly in the sequences themselves. Make sure the controller number matches what you actually have.

That should get you started. If you have anymore problems, please let us know.

I think I may be confused also. I have a mega tree that I want to start the show off with, it is animated. In show editor, I put the mega tree(LAS) in start up, animation, and then had 4 musical sequences. When I run show, the tree does it's thing, but then when the musical (LMS) sequences start and run, the tree is still going, which I thought would stop. Do I need to take this out of the animated section? Thanks.

I did the download1.6.1?