Light-O-Rama Forums

Claycomb Christmas is ready!

Arnoldc

The Claycomb Christmas is ready to get going! 99.9% of everthing is out. I am just waiting on putting the signs out til' I am done testing and adjusting the sequences. First year, I have up 16000 LED lights, on 56 channels (keeping the other 8 channels as spares for now). The two mega trees are 10' tall plus the stars. Each tree has 3000 lights, on 4 channels. the mini trees are 5' tall, each having 900 lights, 300 of red, blue and clear. The bushes have 3000 lights on 10 channels. Icicle lights 4 channels with 1800 lights. Wreath, 400 lights on 4 channels.

Attached files 282872=15706-Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Funny, last night while I was trying to get the rest of the lighted signs out, my neighbor yells out "you're effing nuts!" He yells this during a down pour..
other than a few minor tweaks here and there, which I hope to have completed tonight, the show is ready. My neighbors are excited as will as I! Is it Friday yet?!
:]

Arnoldc wrote:

my neighbor yells out "you're effing nuts!" He yells this during a down pour..

welcome to the "club"!!!! :)

Looks awesome..can't wait for some video!!

and speaking of "nuts"...

this guy was a local tv kids show I grew up on...

Want to sequence this song one of these days...

along with his other classic:

Arnoldc wrote:

The Claycomb Christmas is ready to get going! 99.9% of everthing is out.
Congrats...wish I could say the same...last night I was trying to figure out cords to 150 channels...Lord help me! I hate getting home in the dark trying to do those things...looks like Thanksgiving morning, I will be really crackin the whip..but i'm happy for you!:)

Jim-
LOL those are some good ol' classics there! I can safely say way before my time.
Vikester-
Thanks! I am still having some issues as well, I got to crawl up on the roof and fix the last few feet of icicle lights that seem not to be working, then I have a snubber issue I need to address. but all and all it was way cool when I turned them all on and go wow! Next year, I already have tons of ideas.. just need oh 2 more controllers..
Mark-
Thanks!

Arnoldc wrote:

Next year, I already have tons of ideas.. just need oh 2 more controllers..

only 2?!?!?!

Come on...

think BIG!!!!!

Besides...Dan needs a new pair of shoes.... :P

jimswinder wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:
my neighbor yells out "you're effing nuts!" He yells this during a down pour..

welcome to the "club"!!!! :P

Looks awesome..can't wait for some video!!

and speaking of "nuts"...

this guy was a local tv kids show I grew up on...

Want to sequence this song one of these days...

along with his other classic:

I loved the Vinter Undervare song, Jim. Thanks for sharing and making me laugh.

jimswinder wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:

only 2?!?!?!

Come on...

think BIG!!!!!

Besides...Dan needs a new pair of shoes.... :D
Yes, and so do I! Im hoping I can get 3.. but shooting for 2.. and one CCB or 2.... maybe 3.. who knows

My mini trees also keep blowing over yesterday. Wind gust were 50-55 mph. I would just go out and stake them back down go in the house, check back a little later and they blew over again. So I finally waited until right before "lights on" and went back out and set them up, the wind had died down some by then. Mel

jimswinder wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:

only 2?!?!?!

Come on...

think BIG!!!!!

Dan can't even deliver enough THIS year! ;) Aren't suppliers wonderful?!

Dino - KX6D

KX6D wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Arnoldc wrote:

only 2?!?!?!

Come on...

think BIG!!!!!

Dan can't even deliver enough THIS year! :P Aren't suppliers wonderful?!

Dino - KX6D
Well... after visiting a friends house this past weekend, my plans for next year have changed a lot! It looks like I will be getting 4 controllers, ill have leaping arches 4 of them. and Ill split my mega trees up to 16 channels each.. Amongst that there are a lot more design changes for next year. I will post a sketch of the design later.. would like some input before I start ordering.

• 4 weeks later...

Re recorded one for better audio, got 2 others up.. Will put more up next week.
Funny thing happened yesterday, as the show was going I saw flashes, I freaked out since I don't have strobes, I ran outside, seeing a family taking a family picture. I asked them if they would like all the lights on for their picture, they said that would be great. I did that and took the picture for them.. Was kinda neat!

• The topic was locked