Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help with RDS

CKSedg

Hi. I have my show ready to go for this year---all except output to my new EDM transmitter with RDS. I have read all the threads I can find about outputting to RDS, but I guess I still don't get it, because it doesn't work. I know the transmitter is working, because the car radio has the name of my station that I entered, but it won't show the name of the song. I think I'm having a brain freeze concerning it for some reason.

Would someone be willing to walk me through the setup with Windows Shell Commands? Also, do the .bat and .txt files need to be in the same folder as the LOR sequences?

Thanks!

No the .bat or .cmd files dont need to be in LOR app folder.
Just like any command, windows needs to be able to find it. If your shell command is
rds.bat Christmas can can
the rds.bat must be in your lorapp folder or it can be anywhere if that folder is in your path. OR you can just specify the folder. c:rdsrds.bat and windows will find it.

Thanks, Bob, for the information on the location of the files.

Can anyone help me with what to put in the files, what kinds of files, how to use them, etc.? I'm just not getting this for some reason.

do a google search of edm with lor. There is a link to a pdf file that I used. The procedure baffled the heck out of me until I did it about a half dozen times!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I too am running 3.1.4 with a new EDM transmitter w/RDS.

I have the Standard license. Following the instruction on the EDM/LOR setup found online I see I have to use Window Command...but, its GREYED OUT!

UPDATE! I see as I write this that I need the ADVANCED version of the software to "Execute Windows Shell Commands". I was hoping I wouldn't need the advanced software until I went past 128 channels. :X I wish they would have made this available for the STANDARD license as well!

Looks like a single standard RDS message for this year! :X

Dino - KX6D