Light-O-Rama Forums

Doubling Arches

captainron19

Last year I did arches for the first time. I did 4 of them utilizing 2 controllers with each arch using 7 channels. (I used the remaining 4 channels for some stars on the house at the roof)

Liked em so much I doubled them this year but did it in a fashion so I could tie them in to my 2 existing controllers. I did it so that if arches 1-4 (original ones) cascaded to the right in a sequence the new arches (5-8) would cascade in the opposite direction towards the existing arches.

All I had to do is run 7 extension cords that I custom made from each arch to the controllers mounted near the existing arches and at the end of each cord I put a male plug to connect into the controller with an inline female to allow the existing arch to tie in to.

Below are 2 pics of the arches and my "Griswald Schematic" for the layout.

Attached files 282097=15649-arches.jpg

Yup Captain. nice drawings.
We have been doing the same thing... essentially having some arches mirror the movements of others. There are a lot of good variations of this approach out there. It sure saves on channels :-)

I made two LightPoles/FireStix plugged into arch 1 and 4 so it looks like rockets going up at staggered intervals.. at least.. that was the look I was going for.. the wife doesnt like them, so I may just pull off the red and orange sleeves at the top, slip a couple white sleeves in their place, bend'em over and just make 2 more for eight like Capt. Ron's got here.. and wiring them to mirror will save time and channels.

Ron, are those sleeves or just long pipe wrapped?

• The topic was locked