Light-O-Rama Forums

Push Play and nothing happens

Michael Justice

Upgraded to 2.9.4. Using Windows XP. When I open a sequence the grids all show the lights (on/off), but when I push the Play button the music does not start and nothing moves. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Do you have the same problem when attempting to play an animation sequence, or does it only happen with musical sequences?

Does it happen with all musical sequences, some, or one?

Whatever it happens with, does it happen consistently, every time that you try?

I sincerely appreciate the assistance. I checked to make sure that the .wav file was listed under the media, which it was. I thought that possibly the location of the audio and sequence files might have something to do with the differences. When I installed 2.9.4 it put the files under mydocuments. On my other machines I had the files in my LightoRama folder under applications. So I moved the folders. Same result.

When I play an animation the sequencer moves appropriately, but it is not doing so for any of my musical sequences.

I tried to initiate a new sequence and when I selected the audio file it said there was a problem (They are are all .wav files from Audacity). I also started getting messages that there was a problem with the sound device.

I should say that I have a very old PC with Windows XP, which is my primary machine for when I do my show. However I have 2.9.4 installed on my MacBook and I use Windows XP under Bootcamp and the Sequence Editor works fine. I was trying to get 2.9.4 working on my new iMac, so that using XP under Bootcamp I could use the the Sequence Editor and take advantage of the much bigger screen. The iMac (on the Windows side) is where I am having the problems. Not certain if this additional information prompts any other suggestions, but I appreciate the comments. Thanks.

If something with playing doesn't work with musical sequences, but works fine with animation sequences, the culprit is often Windows Media Player. The "problem with the sound device" thing gives me pause, though - perhaps the issue is with your sound card itself, or its drivers, or something like that, rather than with Windows Media Player.

In any case, I suggest closing all running programs and then installing the latest version of Windows Media Player that is applicable to your operating system. I would do this even if you already have the latest installed - sometimes reinstalling it clears up strange errors.