Light-O-Rama Forums

show not starting until i restart computer everynight

Guest guest

My show does not work until i restart my computer then it starts up. it runs for the entire show, shuts off on time but then the next day will not go on again till i restart my computer. I tried to delete the show and delete the schedule and i redid it all again and tonight i have the same problem. Not sure what to do can anyone help.

gsxr7500 wrote:

My show does not work until i restart my computer then it starts up. it runs for the entire show, shuts off on time but then the next day will not go on again till i restart my computer. I tried to delete the show and delete the schedule and i redid it all again and tonight i have the same problem. Not sure what to do can anyone help.

Is the computer locked up when the shows are supposed to run?

no but as soon as i click the status botton on the lor control panel it locks the lor program. i hit ctrl alt del and i end the program but i have to reboot to get it to come up again. as soon as i do it works instantly

gsxr7500 wrote:

no but as soon as i click the status botton on the lor control panel it locks the lor program. i hit ctrl alt del and i end the program but i have to reboot to get it to come up again. as soon as i do it works instantly

What version of the software are you running? You are the second person today to mention this.

i was runningthe 1.5.6 i just downloaded and installed 1.6.1 could that have been it. also while watching a sequence on your screen is there anyway to pause and then watch it from the same place or do u have to start it over from the beginning everytime. cause it takes so much longer when you are at 3 minutes in the song and u change something you then have to watch it all over again just to see what you added.

Next year i plan on adding more lor's can i add to my current sequences or do i have to start all over again everytime i add another lor box.

thanks for the help sorry for the 20 questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gsxr7500 wrote:

i was runningthe 1.5.6 i just downloaded and installed 1.6.1 could that have been it. also while watching a sequence on your screen is there anyway to pause and then watch it from the same place or do u have to start it over from the beginning everytime. cause it takes so much longer when you are at 3 minutes in the song and u change something you then have to watch it all over again just to see what you added.

Next year i plan on adding more lor's can i add to my current sequences or do i have to start all over again everytime i add another lor box.

thanks for the help sorry for the 20 questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which version of the software are you using when the problem occurs?

In 1.5.0 click "Play -> Play Range" and look at the options. I use "Play Visible Screen" most often.

Don wrote:

You are the second person today to mention this.

Make that 3! I am using X10(com1) along with LOR(com3). I was wondering if resources were conflicting since com ports 1 & 3 typically share an IRQ. I am using the USB485B (booster) adapter. So tonight I upgraded the software to 1.6.1 and changed the com port for the USB485b to com 2. With the USB485 set to Com2 the Light-O-Rama hardware utility would not set the comport to com 2. It did show up as Com2 in device manager. I switched it to com4 and the hardware utility seemed to like that - it saved the com port as com4.

I'll see what happens tomorrow night. Hopefully the new software or changing the com port makes the difference.

I will go on as number 4 with this problem. I reset computor not to hibernate. I think it was not waking up to start the progarm. Will have to wait until tonight to see if that fixed my problem. Last year I had no problem at all. I did have to change out my sound board, that is all that has changed since last season.

glenn

I have a similar problem. I'm using x10 and LOR. Note I'm not using LOR to control x10. I used the X10 software to turn on and off the static parts just before the LOR show begins. Anyway, I found that if I have to make any changes to either the LOR show or the x10 timings, that I must turn off LOR from the system tray, otherwise everything locks up. The only way to get everything back is to reboot. If I try to click the STATUS button it freezes up. Thankfully everything is now set the way I want it so I'm good to go for the rest of this season. But it was a pain to adjust my X10 setup, as each time I have to unload LOR first.

blinking-house wrote:

Vanlohd, did the problem go away with the update?

It's still not working right, even with all of the changes I made. Typically one thing or the other doesn't work right. Either the X10 stuff doesn't work(then there is no FM radio) and the LOR lights work -OR- the X10 stuff works and the LOR lights don't work. I'm thinking about figuring out a way to have the computer reboot about an hour before the show to see if that will take care of the problem.

All of my power options in windows are set to "Always on" except for the monitor which turns off after 5 minutes. There is a screen saver that runs for about 4 minutes (password protection since it's on a wireless network!)

I did make a change last night - I had a static display from 5:-5:29:30(dusk), then the show started at 5:30. I'm wondering if this caused any problems with 2 shows scheduled so close. I really feel like there is some sort of a conflict going on with the com ports. It's almost like one of the com ports is getting hung after the show is done for the night. Anyways, I removed the static display and just start the show at 5:00 now. We'll see if that helps tonight ;) If not, I'm pursuing the reboot option for the remainder of this season.

Dan - any ideas or suggestions?

It sounds like mine kicked off by itself tonight too. I think having 2 shows scheduled so close back-to-back must have been causing me problems. Although for some reason I couldn't RDC into it until after it was rebooted :(

Lat night after the show ended, i rebooted the machine, i hopes of seeing the lawn lit up when i came home. No workie. :(

I am going to go thru the services with a fine tooth comb and see if something is going on.

I wonder if we have a similar os or hardware that might also create a problem. I am running win 2k on this machine with a wireless network card.