Light-O-Rama Forums

Background-startup-shutdown

Guest guest

Oh man this is confusing me! I thought 1.6.0 fixed this problem but I guess not...

I have a startup that fads the lights off and dims the sign to 50%

In each sequence the sign is at 50% THE ENTIRE song through.

shutdown fades everything back up into static mode

I know I can put the sign in the background to stop the blinking, but does the background play durring startup and shutdown? And is their a way to stop the blink between shows like between my song shows and static lights? Thanks!

--Daniel L

Daniel wrote:

Oh man this is confusing me! I thought 1.6.0 fixed this problem but I guess not...
I have a startup that fads the lights off and dims the sign to 50%
In each sequence the sign is at 50% THE ENTIRE song through.
shutdown fades everything back up into static mode
I know I can put the sign in the background to stop the blinking, but does the background play durring startup and shutdown? And is their a way to stop the blink between shows like between my song shows and static lights? Thanks!

Daniel, The fix in 1.6 removed unwanted blinks from background sequences. The blinks happened whenever the sequence looped and only when there wasn't any seqeuences in the main show.

What you want to do is currently not possible without an occasional blink of the light. The background section plays the entire show from beginning to end including the Startup and shutdown.

You want light to fade on at the start of the show and fade off at the end.... The background will not help you and as you have seen the lights will blink between sequences. You could have it fade down/up between each song so it looks more intentional.