Light-O-Rama Forums

free sequences

mrforemark

Mrforemark newest of newbies here. Go easy on me. I'm awaiting delivery of my order. It's supposed to ship week after next. I'm starting with one PC-CTB16PC controller, S3 standard, 50' cat 5 and USB485 adapter. No FM transmitter this year. Want to make sure I get it all figured out first. I have a couple questions that some of you seasoned hobbiest might chime in on.
1. I have a netbook thats running Windows CE Version 5 with 76996KB Ram. Will this run my show and future expanded shows?
2. Can I acquire free sequences and have my lights move to music without music?
3. Can I use stp 1 with vampire connectors since I use all mini lights and LED's? My longest run is 60'. I'm in Ohio and might get some snow while display is up.
4. Are free sequences that I see on this forum really free? Who has the best?
5. There are probably more dumb questions, but I don't want to wear anyone out on my first week.
Thanks, Mark

#2, yes
#3, should be fine, just keep your connections out of standing water. If you put them on a decent stone or red brick sized item, you should be just fine. Just don't try to waterproof, thats where problems occur. Instead of keeping water out, it tends to trap water. Put your location on your profile. There a several of us here in Ohio, and we could possibly help on certain things. I'm by Akron.
Welcome to the club.

Thanks Guys. I've been trying to load the sequences but get jibbirish. DUAH...I'm on my apple with Mac OSX. I guess that explains it.

Does anyone have experience with running a show using a netbook. I hope to dedicate a hand-me-down netbook that uses Windows CE with Version 5 with 76996KB Ram. Are there any gurus here that can make heads or tails of this.

Is it best to download the sequences then save them on hard drive or an external memory device? Do you have to get the music elsewhere or do some free sequences include the music?

Thanks for taking time in this busy time of year to help a newbie.
Mark

Some of the free sequences do include music, but most don't. A lot of us get music on iTunes or Amazon and convert it to .wav for sequencing. I believe windows xp is the oldest software s3 will run on. I'm not exactly sure what windows version 5 is.

1. Windows CE is a mobile device/net book OS and is not supported by LOR. I picked up a Toshiba Laptop running Windows 7 last year for around $300 at Best Buy. It works great! You could also check out any used PC shops in your area for even cheaper deals. Be sure to get Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.
2. There are free sequences at www.Ultrashows.com

Welcome to the madness

Abagpiper5 wrote:

There is a lot of music on youtube in HD that can be converted to mp3's by using this site.

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

And it's all free!

I download the entire software suite from this site(and all these programs are ABSOLUTELY FREE!): (These only work under Windows Platforms XP/Vista and 7)

http://www.DVDVideoSoft.com

They have a suite you can download all of it as one large program and installs all the individuals ones or just download those individual programs you want, if you don't want the full suite of software. Again, their software is COMPLETELY FREE and will convert YouTube Videos to MP3 at any bitrate you want and there is NO 3-4 minute wait time, no going back to somewhere else on a site to download, DVDVideoSoft's software downloads and converts DIRECTLY to YOUR Hard Drive at any location you specify on it.

Their software also works with many popular phones out there, IPADS,Blackberry,etc. They also convert to Sony Playstation and other game machines.

They have more FREE software to do more things with than anyone I've seen to date. You can also download YouTube Videos. Some of their MP3 conversion from Video also works with other videos you download to your computer, such as from Vimeo.

Just check out the DVDVideoSoft site and see what you're missing!

BTW: You can also download MULTIPLE VIDEOS or CONVERT MULTIPLE VIDEOS to MP3 with the DVDVideoSoft software. So no going back and forth to paste in urls at another site, wait for 3-4 minutes, then do it again for the next one. DVDVideoSoft will save you tons of time!

And you can set the converters to auto-paste in the urls, you just have to highlight them, click copy and the url is pasted into the program, conversions can, in some of the software to automatically start processing as soon as the url has been pasted into the program!

I highly recommend the DVDVideoSoft software, been using it for years now and never have had any issues with it.

Hey RedBirdRuss, TY for the good info. This is exactly what I was looking for. Free sequences too. Wow...Thanks Russ. UDUMAN...

I don't think any one place has better sequences than another. My first year I think I collected about a hundred or so sequences from all over. I wasn't ashamed to ask members for what they had and if they would share too.

mrforemark wrote:

Hey RedBirdRuss, TY for the good info. This is exactly what I was looking for. Free sequences too. Wow...Thanks Russ. UDUMAN...

Glad I could help... Now get to work :cool: