Light-O-Rama Forums

Any second thoughts?

harrison0550

This is my first year and I'm getting very strange looks from folks in the neighborhood as they drive by and I'm starting to get worried the neighborhood might hate it more than they like it. I've gone through painstaking effort to hide all the spt ,vampire plugs, extension cords, and controllers so the house still looks normal during the day.

Maybe I'm freaking for nothing but I actually stood in the yard tonight trying to think what channels I could delete so it wouldn't be just "to much".
:P

I also see lots of people slowing down and even stopping to look during the day. I take it as a compliment.

Strange looks from the neighbors? Shucks, I've been dealing with that since I was a kid...

Thanks guys, the wife just got home a little while ago with 16 more boxes of rope lights for an idea she had. I told her that I was thinking about taking a few things down and deleting a few channels. She looked me dead in the eyes and said:
"if you take one thing down I will divorce you"

So I guess that settles it. The show must go on!

harrison0550 wrote:

Thanks guys, the wife just got home a little while ago with 16 more boxes of rope lights for an idea she had. I told her that I was thinking about taking a few things down and deleting a few channels. She looked me dead in the eyes and said:

If you change your mind, rest assured she won't be alone for long. With an attitude like hers, there will be a line of people from here lining up to meet her...

My neighbors are begging me to include their houses in the lightshow every year. I am considering trying to do something next year but the thought of planning the coordination of 16 houses on my block both sickens and entices me.
Welcome to the madness

harrison0550 wrote:

What a woman! More lights, more channels, more fun!

Yea she's pretty awesome to say the least. Last year I told her I wanted to build my own quad tuner HD DVR boxes (I work for comcast) for every room in the house. She said: "I can record 4 shows at the same time on any tv in the house, hell yea do it"

God I love her lol she never even ask how much all these crazy ideas of mine cost.

Here is a pic of the idea she found on YouTube for mini trees and the reason she brought home 16 strands of rope lights.
imageokz.th.jpg
imageokz.jpg

wbottomley wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
Strange looks from the neighbors? Shucks, I've been dealing with that since I was a kid...

I completely understand after meeting you in N.J. :D

I agree William.

(I bet George still doesn't know that we talked about him everytime he turned his back :))

I got all those looks as well when they saw me up on my roof a couple of weeks ago.
Once I started testing the show, they all told me what a great job I did.
They were only upset when I turned them off to go fix sequencing issues.

Oh what a looooong day! From sun up till almost 5 hours after sun down I ran lights, hooked up 3 of my 4 controllers while the wife made 8 of her spiral mini trees. Oh and she just laughed when I told her you guys were willing to pay for wife training so I'm not real sure what that means.:)

After the sun went down I hooked the laptop up in the truck and fired up 2 of the 3 boards and played it loud through the truck speakers. Neighbors stopped, backed up, turned around, and a few even got out to come see how in the world it worked. Looks like i was worried for nothing. I must have gotten ask half a dozen times "are the lights synced to the music in your truck?"

Oh yea they are! :cool:

harrison0550 wrote:

I must have gotten ask half a dozen times "are the lights synced to the music in your truck?"

Oh yea they are! :cool:

But did you tell them "yea, I had that added at the dealership when I bought the truck.." ?...