Light-O-Rama Forums

Newb Sequencing Question

l0chte

So I am planning on having around 10 sequences this year (1st year, uber excited.) and when I download a sequence from online I have to rename all the channels to match my display so I can edit them. Is there a way to save the list and apply it to new sequences? Probably really simple and I'm over looking it. Thanks!

Yes, go to edit the scroll down to import/export channel configuration and export your channel configuration. Now start a new sequence and after you pick your audio file a window will pop up "new musical sequence options". About half way down tick the box "use saved channel configuration template" and point it to the file were you just saved your channel configuration. This is also where you chose your timings. Now you have a new blank sequence with your channels. Copy and paste whatever you want from any sequence you download. In the edit tab you can select by rows, columns, or select all and copy it to your channel configuration. If I could offer one piece of advice though I would say read the PDF software manual front to back. It will help you more than you know. I would also drop about half of your songs your planning. 10 will make for a long show and will take forever to sequence. This late in the game I would shoot for 5 and be happy with 3 or 4.

I'm sure you got the answer already, but I'll answer it anyway if others need to know.

A) Determine you controller channel layout, and build it in any sequence within the LOR Sequence Editor.

:D To EXPORT the Channel Configuration:

1)From the LOR Sequence Editor
2)Select EDIT
3)Select Export/Import Channel Configuration
4)Select Export Channel Configuration
5)Give your Channel Configuration a name, I usually name mine with 'YEAR # CHANNELS' (2011 160 Channels), this way as you develop over time, you can keep the versions in the correct order.

Note: Develop your Animation Screen (liitle film strip on menu ribbon) before exporting, once completed, it will also export with your channel configuration.

C) To IMPORT the Channel Configuration:

1) From the LOR Sequence Editor, with any sequence loaded:
2) Select EDIT
3) Select Export/Import Channel Configuration
4) Select Import Channel Configuration
5) Select the Channel Configuration file you created above.

And your done....easy peasy