Light-O-Rama Forums

controller issues

ramonalights

I have a 16 and a 8 channel controller and have been running a similar show for a few years very simple but allot of tree climbing. When testing my system this year the hardware program recognizes both controllers but will not use the second 8 channel controller in the show. Also after the refresh in hardware software and showing it found two controllers only #1 will light when manually turning the lights on and only #2 will light when you manually switch to that controller. Never had this problem before anybody have any thoughts?? Thanks

ramonalights wrote:

Also after the refresh in hardware software and showing it found two controllers only #1 will light when manually turning the lights on and only #2 will light when you manually switch to that controller. Never had this problem before anybody have any thoughts?? Thanks
Ok, so the HWU finds both controllers. Ok, good so far. Now the lights on the 1st controller will turn on using the HWU. This is good also. And the lights on the 2nd controller will turn on using the HWU also. So, not really sure what the problem is here? Are you saying that the #1 controller's light where expected to remain on?

Ok, I have the PC controllers. Now I have to press the lights 100% button. I can not do the chase things. If I am doing the chase thing, then it stops at one of the channels when I select a different controller. But if I use the 100% button, then go to a different controller all of the lights stay on, unless I press the "Lights off" button.

Thanks for your reply, the main problem was that the the HWU found both controllers but the second controller would not run in the show. BRAIN FART! While driving home yesterday from work it struck me that in a hurry I may have note clicked the 32 channel buttom in Easy Show Builder! It DIDN'T!! Ran a new show and all lights worked............Thanks again

Glad you figured out what the problem is. Sometimes you just got to either talk it out or step back away and then it will come to you. I trouble shoot for a living and I have had the same thing happen. Got to step back and away for a bit. Sometimes during the drive home the answer comes to me.
Hope you have no more problems with your show this season.