Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller Question

Guest Don Gillespie

where do you plug controllers 5 and 10 into? You've, of course, got two RJ45s to work with, and two cables in and out of 1,2,3,4, and 6.

Are you thinking you do some sort of duplex adapter?

Don't believe you can do it that way, would think you either need the two on a second network, or put an ELL at the end of your main line of controllers, and remote numbers 5 and 10.

DonFL wrote:

Are you thinking you do some sort of duplex adapter?

LOR has a Comm Repeater just for this sort of application. A conventional Cat5 splitter won't work.

Another option would be a second network.

Guest Don Gillespie

one more question do the controllers have to be plugged in order or can I hook up contoller #1 from my computer then go from #1 to # 3 then all the way to #10 then from #10 to #2

any order you want mine go from the ELL to controller 3 on one port and 4 on the other then they travel two diffrent directions one goes to unit 1 the other goes to unit 2 and 5 it does not matter what order the controllers are in

Don Gillespie wrote:

one more question do the controllers have to be plugged in order or can I hook up contoller #1 from my computer then go from #1 to # 3 then all the way to #10 then from #10 to #2

Don - did you forget to take your water pills today? Your message space seems a bit bloated...

Guest Don Gillespie

George Simmons wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:

Don - did you forget to take your water pills today? Your message space seems a bit bloated...

Ya it is a little weird isn't it

fixed it, is today Monday or what?? can't wait for this week to be over :?