Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer lights are ghosting

alaskastudio

I ran across this tonight. If I have my LOR control panel running a show (it is not sending commands to the visulizer though). While my show is running outside, I tend to work on new sequeces.

My visulizer will work fine except when I try to fade from 100% down to 4% then off. The visulizer will continue to show the lights on at 4% and render that channel unoperable until you stop and restart the sequence. It will fade from 100% to 0% fine

If I stop the outside show, unload the control panel, close and restart the visulizer everything works perffectly as expected.

I did notice that if I open the control panel first, start the show, then open the sequence editor and visulizer the above problem occurs.

Now the weird part. If I have everything closed and open the visulizer and the sequence I want to work on first, then open the control panel, and start the show everything works fine.

LOR 3.1.2 Advanced
Windows 7 Ultimate - 32 bit
Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 @2.5Ghz
4 GB Ram (3.25 GB usable)
448 GB Free Hard Drive
ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series

LOR Network is running through Easy Linkers if that matters

Any Ideas?

I tried it on my other PC that is running LOR 3.0.2 Advanced, and it works as expected without the error. I will load 3.1.2 on the second computer and post back.

Let me know. The Vis doesn't care what order things are started in, however maybe there was a change to the code that sends the data to the Vis.

Hmm, now I am really lost. Tried it on my XP machine (fresh LOR install), and it works fine. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling on my Windows 7 machine, and problem still occurs. Only difference is the XP machine was controlling a show through a USB485 adapter with nothing on the other end (no controllers), and the Windows 7 machine was running a USB485B with easy linkers attached. Not sure if that makes a difference.

That's super odd, and you're the first one to report it. It's bothersome that it works on one machine but not another. If you like, please send me your sequence and your visualizer file (mike @ lightorama.com). I'll see if I can duplicate the issue.

Mike,
Email has been sent, and you will find the following files.

2011 Channel Config(updated_s3).llc || Sequence channel config
After Hours Burn.las || Annimation for the show I am running in the background
Josh Groban - I'll be home for christmas.lms || New file I am working on while show is running
LOR_EasyShowBuilderShow.lss || Show that is running in the background
Main House.lee || Visualizer file

I am not sure if it is related, but when I was building my visualizer file, the snowflakes on the house are assined the same channels/ controllers, but I built the first one as a fixture, then copied/ pasted the next two and resized them. They are also set as one prop. However, when I use a twinkle they all flash independantly, not as one. Not sure what I did to mess it up, or how to fix it. Anyways let me know if you have any questions.

Any update on this? It's an easy work around (just shut off the show that is playing), but it would be nice to be able to do both. =)