Light-O-Rama Forums

Best Source for Light Strings

djkiraly

So, I'm late to the game, no doubt. And in a new house to boot, which is 4 times the size of my last house (Town house/condo to western style ranch)... so I'm having to expand my collection of light strings.

Given the area I want to cover, and not wanting to break the bank any more than I already have...

I'm going to stay with incandescent strings, LED's are still ridiculous...

Since I am going to have something up this year, and can't wait til the day after christmas, where do you guys find the best prices on strings....

I've found the obvious ones, big box stores, christmaslights.com, christmaslightsetc.com, 1000bulbs.com.

Any others?

Thanks,
David

djkiraly wrote:

So, I'm late to the game, no doubt. And in a new house to boot, which is 4 times the size of my last house (Town house/condo to western style ranch)... so I'm having to expand my collection of light strings.

Given the area I want to cover, and not wanting to break the bank any more than I already have...

I'm going to stay with incandescent strings, LED's are still ridiculous...

Since I am going to have something up this year, and can't wait til the day after christmas, where do you guys find the best prices on strings....

I've found the obvious ones, big box stores, christmaslights.com, christmaslightsetc.com, 1000bulbs.com.

Any others?

Thanks,
David

I think this late in the season you best option is local stores. Some of the online stores may get them to you in time, but it's cutting it close, in my opinion. Having said that, CDI shipped me lights in less than a week a few months ago. Check them out at http://www.creativedisplays.com/, but you must order in case (12 strings) quantities.

I would also encourage you to do some hard math regarding the LED question...

When you factor in the reduction in power consumption (I can run almost all my 416 LOR channels off of TWO plugs) as well as the how long those strings last...it is a no brainer for me!

Unless you have an aesthetic preference, it boils down to pay now or pay much more later in my opinion...