Light-O-Rama Forums

Twin Mega Trees

Mark Porter

After planning for months and running a few tests in October, I put up my twin megas yesterday. Almost 12' tall with 4' dia. bases made of 1-1/2" sch 40 PVC pipe and 45 ells (in octagon shape). The trees are wired in mirror fashion so when they 'spin', they spin opposite. Eight channels of blue lights per. I was completely shocked (and stoked) when it got dark and I ran my Halo sequence they looked better than I expected. Somehow I managed to wire them correctly and programmed the sequence to work like I wanted.

My first thought was to quit while I was ahead but that's not going to happen.

I saw this on another member's signature... ADIDAS All Day I Dream About Sequencing. How true that is!

Will post my pics once I figure out how to.

My display is going to be pretty rough by comparison to others. Second year 'in' and gathering (read that stealing) information to make for a better show. Having a huge yard is both a blessing and a hindrance!

Mark Porter wrote:

My display is going to be pretty rough by comparison to others. Second year 'in' and gathering (read that stealing) information to make for a better show. Having a huge yard is both a blessing and a hindrance!

I hear you, most of the sequences I have are for a yard a third the size of mine.

Caniac,

Where in Wendell are you? Are you the young guy just up the road from Lake Myra? If so I think I stopped by your display last year. Don sent me that way. I live over near Bunn and Youngsville. I try to make a trip once or twice a season over that way.

Lee

Salts wrote:

Caniac,

Where in Wendell are you? Are you the young guy just up the road from Lake Myra? If so I think I stopped by your display last year. Don sent me that way. I live over near Bunn and Youngsville. I try to make a trip once or twice a season over that way.

Lee

I live in town off second street.

caniac wrote:

Salts wrote:
Caniac,

Lee

Oh ok... Giant Wreath and shooting stars? If so I have met I know your wife and possibly you.

Salts wrote:

caniac wrote:
Salts wrote:
Caniac,

Lee

Oh ok... Giant Wreath and shooting stars? If so I have met I know your wife and possibly you.

Nope, Mega Tree last year and mini's from Target. Kicked it up several notches for Halloween and Christmas.

Would love to see a pic of how these turned out. I am planning on making 3 of these this weekend and even though I have a pretty good idea of my plan (in my head) I'm always looking for other suggestions. I'll have 3 - 10-12ft trees, with 8 channels, all wired to mirror the first. One Blue, one White and One Green.

Both mine are blue. Tough to see what's happening during
daylight hours (when the actual wiring gets done) but looks
great after dark. Very striking without blinding out the rest of the show.

So one tree will spin clockwise and the other two counter clockwise? OooOOooooooo! I like that idea Andy! How many channels do you plan on using for this?

One of the twins. 12' tall, 4' at the base with 8 strings. Used a PVC blind flange and carabiners to hang the strings. I folded the strings and zip tied them at teh mid point to make a loop.

Attached files 282665=15683-2011-11-20_11-58-30_899.jpg

I went for the symetrical (sp?) look. I already know what I'm going to change for 2012. More minitrees, two more megas and some arches.

Attached files 282670=15685-2011-11-20_11-59-27_24.jpg

• The topic was locked