Light-O-Rama Forums

How to convert 128ch sequence to 16ch sequence

mixnight

This is my first time using LOR, so I don't have experience creating a sequence according with a song, I decided to download some sequences and I have the Polar Express - Seeing is Believing sequence and is made with 128 or more and I have a 16ch controller.
I read some post and people says: the controller can ignore the other 112ch of the sequence, the problem is I'm missing many parts of the song on my light show.
What to do?

Thanks

go to tools then channel congfig and disable them then if you want more channels turn them back on this is the fasted way that way you wont have two of the same channle i learned the hard way

Create you own template of what you want to do. Then copy and paste from the borrowed sequence into yours and you are done.

First determine what the author did do visually that you like, and what you would like to use in your sequence, in your case this would be a maximum of sixteen channels (circuits).

Now you can move those sixteen channels (click, hold, drag, and drop) to the top of the sequence in the sequence editor, reassign them to Unit 1 : circuit 1 through 16 (click on channel button, change unit to 01, and change circuit number to 1 through 16).

Save your sequence to a new name (File, Save as) then delete all the other 116 channels from the sequence and save again.

Now you have a sixteen channel sequence that you can use in your display. If you mess it up you can always go back to the original and start over.

Take some time and look at what the original author did and how he did it, you can pick up a lot from other sequencers this way, remember: you can mess around and learn a-lot.

Good luck.