Light-O-Rama Forums

What Is A Main CCR Fixture?

Ralph A

I believe I have completed My Mega Tree (CCR) correctly. Have all fifty pixels in each channel, and have assigned the pixels in the fixture properties box. Read all the way through the tutorial (three times) but keep getting an error message when I hit the play icon in the tool bar (vis tool bar).

The error reads, "Fixture Mega Tree #1 does not have a main CCR Fixture" Where can I find this in the help file to fix? I just don't see it.

Thanks

If you have split your CCRs by area, each one must have a master and 1 or more slaves.

A 'Main' or 'Master' CCR is a fixture that has a starting pixel of 1, as well as a unit ID and network. Slaves have a pixel # 1.

http://www.lightorama.com/help/using_cosmic_color_devices_in_.htm

"Master/Slave CCR/CCB (split CCR/CCB)

This is the recommended method. Using this method, two or more fixtures represent a single physical CCR/CCB. This allows you to group consecutive like-pixels together for easier editing. The CCR/CCB with physical pixel #1 is considered the "master". To create "slaves", specify a physical pixel number greater than 1 with the same Network and Base Unit ID as the master. You cannot specify a unit ID mode, channel mode, or resolution on slave CCRs/CCBs."

Thanks again Mike? I'm feeling very ignorant right now. It was not my intention to split the CCR'S. I will read and study the link and get back to you.