Light-O-Rama Forums

Moving controllers between networks

heystew

I've searched and haven't found anything on this..

Is there a way to move a controller between networks, other than one channel at a time in the Channel Configuration screen?

For example i want to move 12 of my controllers to the Aux B network from the Regular network, as of now it looks like i need to move each of the 192 channels individually.

thanks!
Dave

heystew wrote:

I've searched and haven't found anything on this..

Is there a way to move a controller between networks, other than one channel at a time in the Channel Configuration screen?

For example i want to move 12 of my controllers to the Aux B network from the Regular network, as of now it looks like i need to move each of the 192 channels individually.

thanks!
Dave

In S3, Channel Configuration "Change Controller"

Thanks Don,
I have used move controller many times, but missed the fact that you could keep the same controller ID, but switch networks.

thanks again,
dave

I just happen to be looking for this answer also. Is there a reason that you can't change controller networks in the main track? My "change controller" button is grayed out in the main track and I got a little nervous. But it works in track #2.

Just double checked. I can change networks in last years sequence from the main track. But I can not change it in my new sequence. Any one else have this trouble?

Steve

steve synek wrote:

I just happen to be looking for this answer also. Is there a reason that you can't change controller networks in the main track? My "change controller" button is grayed out in the main track and I got a little nervous. But it works in track #2.

Just double checked. I can change networks in last years sequence from the main track. But I can not change it in my new sequence. Any one else have this trouble?

Steve

Your main tracks channels may be locked. While it seems worthless to me to be able to lock a tracks channels then go elsewhere and change them that is the way it works. :D

Thanks Paul

You're right. My main track was locked. Doesn't make much sense to me. Lock the first track and can't change the network. But go to the second track and make changes that effect the main track.

But over all, I'm happy to find the answer. I was out in the yard testing with my laptop and wanted to change a network setting to do a simple test and could not figure out how to do it. I'll be outside testing tomorrow.