Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Arch

Larry Leonhardt

I want to make 2 arches using 1 CCR, i know each arch has to be 8 ft long, but what would the distance between them be ? I'm talking about the distance of 1 arch, from end to end when bent ?

If you are ok with cutting the ccr you can make the seperation any thing you want. I few others have just put the ccr on the 2 pipes and had them right next to each other. Look in the ccr area of hardware.

my CCR arches are sched 40 grey PVC. They are 7'0 apart at the bottom. They overlap in the middle 5". Doing so keeps your CCR 10" off of the ground if you have snow....

I guess i did not explain it right, i need the distance of a 8' pipe bent in half, what should the distance be at the bottom.

Attached files 279988=15524-arch.bmp

62 inches is correct if the bend is a perfect semi circle. Why not just take the 8' pipe and bend it to your liking and measure the distance? Also remember the CCR is more than 16' long.

I don't have the pipe yet, i've bought the 3/4 T's and Crosses for the bottom, so the arches can set on.

I used 2' rebar, with 1' in the ground the 1' above. Grey (electrical) PVC bent from rebar to rebar, 62" in-between. No overlapping of the arches. CCR is about 12" above the ground (to allow for snow)

Posted by Jim in aother topic. These are the demensions that I used. Worked great.

each CCR is about 197"

so each CCR would make 2 arches with a 1/2 circumference of about 98"

the base of each arch with that circumference would be about 62", with a height of about 31"

So I would put each piece of rebar in the ground at about 62" apart, making the length of area you would need about 20.5 feet