Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar Program

WeissWelsh

Hello,

I currently have S2 version 2.94 and I don't qualify for a free upgrade to S3.

Here's my dilemma. I can renew my license by simply buying the renewal or I can get a free renewal by purchasing the Superstar software. However, I want to test the Superstar software first to see if I even want it.

I don't want to pay for a renewal, which will allow me to test the Superstar software in demo mode, and then pay a second time for the Superstar software. That would be a waste of money.

Is there a way to test the Superstar software prior to renewing the license. That is, is there a way to test the Superstar software without S3?

Bob

If you're willing to live with the rest of LOR also being in Demo mode while you play with SuperStar, you can just install S3. Both SuperStar and the rest of LOR will then be in Demo mode until you purchase (and activate) either a renewal or a SuperStar license.

If you're not willing to live with the rest of LOR also being in Demo mode, then:

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT AN OFFICIAL LIGHT-O-RAMA RESPONSE. I am not involved in the business decisions of the company, and I don't know what the official policy is with regard to this, and so forth. But:

I imagine that if you open up a help ticket and explain the situation to them, they will probably agree to having you purchase a renewal right away, and then if you decide to purchase SuperStar within some reasonable amount of time, they'll apply the price of the renewal as a credit towards the price of SuperStar.

Again, I do not know that that's true, as I am not involved in decisions like that, so don't take my guess as a guarantee. Instead, open up a ticket and ask so that you can be sure.

Bob,

Thanks so much for the advice. That is exactly what I needed to know. I didn't know there was a demo version of S3. I can download the demo version to another computer and play with the Superstar program in demo mode.

Thanks so much for the advice. It was VERY helpful.

Bob