Light-O-Rama Forums

Cannot find media file

DanR

After an export, I tried to open the sequence in the sequence editor. If I play it, the error below is displayed. (It looks like a lost bracket ']' has found its way into the songs path.)

Dan

Attached files 279216=15464-Cannot Start Sequence_2011-

I suggest the following:

First, close all of your running LOR programs. Then use Windows Explorer to open up the directory that your LOR program files are stored in (this is typically, but not always, C:Program FilesLight-O-Rama).

In that directory will be a file called LORPost.exe (might show up as just "LORPost", depending on how you have Windows set up). Run it. It will step you through a few screens. One of them will ask where you want LOR to store your data files.

Tell it the directory ABOVE your default Sequences directory. For example, if your default Sequences directory is E:LORLightShow2011Sequences, tell it E:LORLightShow2011.

After LORPost finishes, open up the Sequence Editor and see if the problem has been fixed. If it has not, then perhaps it's not a problem with the default directory path; perhaps it's just a problem with that particular sequence. In this case, with the sequence open, open up the Edit menu, and select "Media File". Use it to point to the correct location of the MP3.

Dan if you look at your pathway it has a "]" in it right after the E:LOR]Lightshow2011

you might want to check to see if this might be the problem