Light-O-Rama Forums

two questions

John2571

Question 1: I want to make 3 ccr arches but are there any sequences out there that i could look at to give me an idea on how to program them?

Question 2: I this song a good song to do for christmas and how hard would it be to program-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuF16vElJF8

John2571 wrote:

Question 1: I want to make 3 ccr arches but are there any sequences out there that i could look at to give me an idea on how to program them?

Question 2: I this song a good song to do for christmas and how hard would it be to program-

Can't help you with Q1.

As for Q2, I think it would be an excellent choice for Halloween rather than Christmas, although for either you'll need to edit it down in length. I do some fairly unconventional songs, but nothing quite this far out... I'm having a hard time seeing a middle-aged mom sitting in the car with Granny and a bunch of kids listening to it for longer than about 60 seconds. YMMV.

I agree it sounds more like a Halloween song. For Christmas you want the music to appeal to a wide range of listeners.

The reason I can't help you with that one is because I don't use CCRs for arches. If I did, I'd use one CCR to make 2 arches, not three. For three arches, for it to come out even, I'd guess you'd use 16 pixels for each arch which leaves one dark pixel between each arch. If you have S3, it might help if you break down the CCR into 3 groups (one for each arch), and then move the unused RGB channels for the two dark pixels out of the way to make sequencing easier. Maybe someone else with that configuration will come along to lend his/her experienced assistance. Good luck.

Q2. The only tricky thing is that the song speeds up and slowes down through the song. You'll want to read up on how to handle this with the beat wizard.

I have 4 CCR arches. I am using mainly one colour and doing mostly chases. Do you have 3 CCRs or one CCR that you want to make 3 arches?

Not liking the song.