Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR S3 Visualizor

Guest guest

Nope, can't put my arches in there, it doesn't go down low enough, my arches are 3 channels each (Sidewalk Baby Coro Arches {4 at 12 channels}) and the LOR Visualizor only goes down to 4 channels for each arch.

So how could I add my arches to the visualizor and still get a proper representation of them since they are only 3 channels and the visualizer only drops to a minimum of 4 channels for the arch option? Is there any way to add my 3 channel arches in or am I just out of luck on using the arch tool to get a nicer rendition of my arches?

I use these same type for Halloween, as well.

So is there a way to change this tool from the user end to go lower than 4 channels for an arch?

p.s. I *do not* consider this a bug, just something that affects my own display renditions. And I've seen larger arches that were also only 3 channels, so a bit surprised that LOR only went no lower than 4 channels, instead of 3 for this tool.

Orville wrote:

Nope, can't put my arches in there, it doesn't go down low enough, my arches are 3 channels each (Sidewalk Baby Coro Arches {4 at 12 channels}) and the LOR Visualizor only goes down to 4 channels for each arch.

So how could I add my arches to the visualizor and still get a proper representation of them since they are only 3 channels and the visualizer only drops to a minimum of 4 channels for the arch option?    Is there any way to add my 3 channel arches in or am I just out of luck on using the arch tool to get a nicer rendition of my arches?

I use these same type for Halloween, as well.

So is there a way to change this tool from the user end to go lower than 4 channels for an arch?

p.s. I *do not* consider this a bug, just something that affects my own display renditions.  And I've seen larger arches that were also only 3 channels, so a bit surprised that LOR only went no lower than 4 channels, instead of 3 for this tool.

Maybe try posting this in the Visualizer forum so Mike will be sure to see it and also send your request to the Wishlist

Add a 4 channel arch, enlarge it to make it easier to work with, then go into the fixture side of the visualizer, delete the 4th section, then move light strings in the remaining 3 sections to the correct position. It's a bit of a PITA, but it is possible.

I think this tool would be more appropriatelty called a leaping arch tool. I had this problem (concern) when I was drawing my visualization as well, realized what I needed to do was create a light string in the shape of an arch. Didn't work out too bad.

DevMike wrote:

Create a '6' section arch and wire 1&2 3&4 and 5&6 identically?

Draw them by hand instead of using the wizard?

Have you worked through the Tutorial yet?
http://www.lightorama.com/help/tutorial.htm

Option 1 seems like a very easy solution for the 3 channel arch 'problem'.

Orville wrote:

Nope, can't put my arches in there, it doesn't go down low enough, my arches are 3 channels each (Sidewalk Baby Coro Arches {4 at 12 channels}) and the LOR Visualizor only goes down to 4 channels for each arch.....

I see where you have been on several times since I posted the solutions. Did they work for you?

• 1 month later...

Will give these a try. I completely forgot I had asked about this previously and started a new thread on 12/14/11 about this issue.

Will give some of the suggestions here a try and see what I can come up with.

My apologies for NOT remembering this thread, usually I get e-mail replies to threads I post, somehow this one didn't make it to my e-mail box. Could have sworn I told it to follow this thread to get answers.

Again, my bad, and I'll try some of the suggestions and see how they work out for me.

Thanks folks.