Light-O-Rama Forums

Some of the Lights up

Maine Lights

Day one we were able to get 8000 of the lights up on the house. Hopefully next weekend will be just as productive. Only one month until the lights come on!

Attached files 278286=15433-DSC00399.JPG

I wish I owned it. Was looking at buying a tow behind one like this and it was around $10,000. Was able to rent this one for the weekend at $150.00, so it wasnt too bad. A lot better than using ladders.

Yep, I'm renting one for $160.

I found a tow-behind for $5,500 but I just couldn't justify spending that much and only use it a few times a year. And renting it/loaning it out would be a pain and liability. Then the upkeep.

I figure $320 a year (once for set-up, once for tear-down) in ten years that would be around $3,200 or so. And I know I won't find a good one for that price.

So renting will be the way to go for me.

Guest Don Gillespie

Santas Helper wrote:

I found a tow-behind for $5,500 but I just couldn't justify spending that much and only use it a few times a year. And renting it/loaning it out would be a pain and liability. Then the upkeep.

I figure $320 a year (once for set-up, once for tear-down) in ten years that would be around $3,200 or so. And I know I won't find a good one for that price.

Save a bunch of money, set it up and leave it up :)

Don Gillespie wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:

Save a bunch of money, set it up and leave it up :D

Sounds like a good idea Don but with earthquakes Saturday and tornados this evening, it may not stay up long :shock:

Guest Don Gillespie

Santas Helper wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:

Sounds like a good idea Don but with earthquakes Saturday and tornados this evening, it may not stay up long :shock:

Man I hope everythign is ok don't want to see anyone getting hurt

Don Gillespie wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:

Man I hope everythign is ok don't want to see anyone getting hurt

I appreciate that Don,

Yes, the storms stayed west and in rural areas for the most part so far this evening. And the earthquakes Saturday even was just too weird, living in Oklahoma. Planters shaking and pictures vibrating. It took a bit to calm down after the evening one.

But everything is okay, at least in our neck of the woods. The show must go on!!!

Yeah, Home Depot did have them in my area. The only problem with them is it was $190.00 a day where I was able to get it for $150.00 a weekend. Some of the local hardware/rental places arent open on Sundays so they have weekend rates.

Maine Lights wrote:

I wish I owned it. Was looking at buying a tow behind one like this and it was around $10,000. Was able to rent this one for the weekend at $150.00, so it wasnt too bad. A lot better than using ladders.

That is the nice part to the family business that I am partnered in I have the choice from a 30,45,or 60 ft boom, the 45 is a lightweight which is what I tend to use so I dont mess the yard up. I have used the 30 once and the 60 once but I shy away from the 60 something about a 22,000lb lift in the yard tends to want to rut some. And it works really well for the mega tree that I use.312224_258315770872585_253385071365655_647585_92328054_n.jpg

• The topic was locked