Light-O-Rama Forums

beginner question

daveo150

I'm new to this, but I have a question about channel loading......I want to do rgb led strips, so I'm thinking about getting the dc controller, but can you connect more than 1 strip to the same 3 channels? Kinda like wiring them in 'parallel'? Seems like it'd be ok because the load isn't much....

Dave, a word of caution.. the DC contrller board comes with spade lugs, not the long green terminal strip you see on the DC controller picture.. the LOR boys have been a bit too busy to update pix of the boards..

You must make some type of adapter board to go from the + and - spade lugs on the controller, to a seperate terminal strip so you can wire in multiple leads from the rgb lights.

TJ,
I know that LOR last year offered up both versions. Both spade connectors and the screw terminals.

Dave, you are correct. You would want to put the multi strings in parallel. And yes the current would multiply by the number strings that are paralleled. So, if you know the current requirement per string. And the limit of the current available at each channel/output. You will be able to answer your question without question.

Thanx guys, appreciate the feedback...... I'm assembling my first (mini) mega tree for this year, I think I have to wait until next year to really crank things up...
Boy is it hard to wait though.........