Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble inserting fixture from symbols or file

bft_vabeach

Hi-I'm having some trouble...I'm new at this so I apologize as this maybe a very simple user error.

I've been trying to insert mini trees into the Visualizer by using the insert fixture from symbol tool and picking one of the Xmasdings symbols. I can go thru the process of selecting and filling in all the info (color, unit, etc) and then it will show on list on right side of screen but it never shows up on the picture. I've done 3 and even tried saving a mini tree into a file and then insert but it still doesn't show up. Can anyone advise what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Hi- my background is a picture of my house. I also worked thru the tutorial but just not seeing the symbols show up.

I just started inserting items into the visualizer. I will see if I start from scratch if they will work.

Look at the # of points in the symbol, the visualizer won't import it if it's over 256. Some of the symbols are over this limit, which shows up as red on the symbol points. Then it won't import it. After re-reading the post, try to change the color of your item, when the item is first brought up in the visualizer, i think the color defaults to black , which makes it hard to see in your picture.

I shut everything down and started it over. The symbols are now inserting in upper left corner and I can drag and drop them in place. Whew..I'm sure it was me making a user error! All is well...thank you