Light-O-Rama Forums

Need some advice

thebaddruid

I am taking the plunge and going to computerize my lights this year. I am not sure which s3 license to buy. I want to have about 16 channels to control my ac leds and I want to run 3 pixel strips, 6 stands of rgb pixel leds and 3 dumb rgb strips. Can 1 LOR 16 channel controller handle this and can I use the usb adapter to control all the rgb leds through DMX?
Thanks in advance
Chuck

I'm also confused about the license... in particular what the requirements are for the CCRs.

It looks like you really need to get the SuperStar Sequencer addon in order to do much with the CCRs.

So can I get the basic s3 (2 controllers but only 32 channels?) with the 2CCR SuperStar plugin (300 channels) to run a couple of cosmic color ribbons...

OR do I need an advanced s3 license with the SuperStar plugin to take full advantage of the ribbons?

Also, aren't the CCRs technically a few more that 150 channels each? 150 lights plus macro effect channels?

Steve

_Steve wrote:

I'm also confused about the license... in particular what the requirements are for the CCRs.

It looks like you really need to get the SuperStar Sequencer addon in order to do much with the CCRs.

So can I get the basic s3 (2 controllers but only 32 channels?) with the 2CCR SuperStar plugin (300 channels) to run a couple of cosmic color ribbons...

OR do I need an advanced s3 license with the SuperStar plugin to take full advantage of the ribbons?

Also, aren't the CCRs technically a few more that 150 channels each? 150 lights plus macro effect channels?

Steve

The Basic license will support 2 controllers. For example:

2 regular 16 channel controllers
or
1 regular 16 channel and 1 CCR controller
or
2 CCR controllers.

Basic Plus gives you any combination of 4 controllers, and Standard any combination of 8 controllers, and Advanced unlimited controllers.

If you plan on using the brand new Super Star for CCRs, well that's up to you.

We have been using CCRs in our displays since July 2009 without the Super Star. It is not required for using the CCRs

I went ahead and got the advanced. I know that by the end of my first season I will max out the basic with just a few lights and a ccr and I plan on running some rgb lights in dmx this was prob the best move to make for future shows.